Cultivated Reef

I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired

debbeach13

Yes I agree. I have been trying to come up with some thing to use for a back ground. I don’t have one right now. Making a wish list stronger pump for return and back ground are #1 and #2. Soon. Today I turned the tank. Added a toadstool and Duncan. Placed the thermometer in chamber one. Tried and failed with household items for background. The white board could work but I actually use it as a self in the garage and don’t want to cut it.

081BBE7F-F61F-4347-82C9-7092DFB3A441.jpeg

E8F2220B-EFC4-49C0-AA15-16925FE9AF01.jpeg

6B72010A-6737-4E00-96CE-B7270F18F6AA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
SliceGolfer

@Tigahboy used a blurring vinyl sticker on his 20g build and then placed a color changing LED behind that to shake things up. That’s a potential route, or get a sticker in the color of your choice or larger pattern. Something like these in the right size or color: https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Vinyl-Sheets-Assorted-Metallic/dp/B07C2Y2CJB/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=Nylon+sticker+sheet&qid=1586705508&sr=8-7

19 hours ago, SliceGolfer said:

Just noticed your frag plugs

Only the Duncan is on a frag plug. I do not have a set of pliers like the one shown. That is why I stuck it in a little barnacle for now. Almost everything else is on a snail shell or piece of rubble to make attaching to rock easy.

I found the window covering but it does not really hide the wires. I do not have one of the LED strips like Tigahboy used. I am not sure he had a mess of wires like I do because my tank is on a counter. So I will be going with a cling background like they sell at petsmart or Wal-mart after all. Oops I forgot that big plug the zoa's are on at the very top of the rock. I guess it is time to remove them from the plug!

• Like 2

Yes it is a risk with them moving. I have been feeding a tiny piece of raw deli shrimp every other day in hopes it will stay put. Once I change the return pump to a mj606 if it still stays put I hope to put the ricordea back in this tank.

14 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

The coral seem to be opening up. Plus another worm. I didn’t remove this one but I probably should have.

B9219A66-0C47-4176-B728-37B410389704.jpeg

41E2E5C7-38CD-4E43-A8A4-A54AF1DD3054.jpeg

401B2901-D181-4D4B-B305-59CC6FC2F493.jpeg

Your corals look very happy! I still need to do my background too. 

13 hours ago, karisma said:

Whats there? Bristle worm?

That's is what I am hoping it is. If any one knows for sure please let me know. There is one out of the water shown on the lid and one crawling out of the rock in the pictures above. If it is a bristle worm they are supposed to be OK part of the clean up crew.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

That's is what I am hoping it is. If any one knows for sure please let me know. There is one out of the water shown on the lid and one crawling out of the rock in the pictures above. If it is a bristle worm they are supposed to be OK part of the clean up crew.

Yes if its a bristle worm its safe. Unless it gets  huge then  remove it.

• Like 1

I watched one crawl all inside and out of the tiniest holes in the rock last night. I was thinking how nothing else in the tank could do that, Maybe those tiny bristles are like a little scrub brush. Plus they eat anything and everything.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of bristleworms, they scare the out of me - i was cutting a rock up yesterday to frag some coral and a massive one popped out into my hand 😄
I did a little scream but meh, they're a good clean up crew so i put him back in the tank 🙂

Just as long as they're the 'common' ones everything is good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Also don't prod it with bare fingers unless you have vinegar and duct tape nearby 👍

Yup watch out for them. They can cause you pain and irritating fingers!!!

EfrainChicagoDeepdish

It's like... socks,  you can change whenever you want by just reversing it...

The scuba guy can decend in the second picture and make it to the bottom if the ocean in the first and journey back to the surface again with the first.  Tada!

• Like 1
  • debbeach13 changed the title to I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired