Cultivated Reef

I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired

debbeach13

They only get a few at a time. Yes reefcleaners had 7 yesterday. They usually are gone in a day or 2. I would love to try a YCG but only if I saw it eat some frozen food. Plus by the time this is over it will just depend on what the LFS has. I have purchased fish a few times on line but I want to support the locals store more and stress the fish less.

• Like 2
EfrainChicagoDeepdish
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

My shipment arrived, acclimated, divided the snails between the tanks and put the coral in the pico. 

Photos or it didn't happen.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The flower was stuck to the plastic bag. I cut the bag all the way around the coral and sort of buried it in the sand. The flower dislodged after a couple hours and I removed the plastic bag. My photo is charging when it done I will snap a picture but it is just indirect sun light. Might even leave the lights off tonight.

15 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

The flower was stuck to the plastic bag. I cut the bag all the way around the coral and sort of buried it in the sand. The flower dislodged after a couple hours and I removed the plastic bag. My photo is charging when it done I will snap a picture but it is just indirect sun light. Might even leave the lights off tonight.

Glad it let go of the bag....Jeez!

My ricordea and flowers never got along. If they tangled, then both looked terrible for a few days after.

I’ve moved all my ricordea out of the flower tank because of that.  

So I suggest moving it if you can. 

• Thanks 1

Based on  the comment from SeaFurn I placed the ricordea in the 20L reef. Part of me wanted to move the flower but it is attached to the glass now. My thinking was the ricordea would be better suited for the low light and low flow in the pico which is still stock light and pump. If I did move the flower it probably would have been to the out grow tank.  I am going to try this for a week and see how they do. I hated putting my hands in there again but while at it I also move the blue leg hermit in the mushroom shell to the out grow tank. 

27 minutes ago, EfrainChicagoDeepdish said:

Hope the RFA settles.  Mine took a few days but they have been model citizens since.  

I didn't see this till after I moved the ric.'s. 

I guess I should have been more thorough in my previous post. I moved my ricordea completely out of my RFA tank because I have so many RFAs that I would have been continually moving the ricordea out of a path of a moving RFA. I just didn’t want to hassle with it.

So I didn’t mean you needed to move yours to your other tank since you only have one RFA. Sorry about that. 

It’s easy to get the RFA off the glass if you want. You can use a credit card and slowly wedge it under it and it will release. Or similarly, I now just use my thumbnail and give it’s foot a slow nudge and it usually releases. 

• Like 3

Seeing some growth on the little sunburst polyps. I made up that name. Also the pulsing xenia came back to life, I thought it was on its way out. Should have known better. The GSP doing well but really has no where to spread to. 

974A88AA-B7F7-48EF-AA06-20735638C20E.jpeg

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Seeing some growth on the little sunburst polyps. I made up that name. Also the pulsing xenia came back to life, I thought it was on its way out. Should have known better. The GSP doing well but really has no where to spread to. 

I love the scuba diver lol!! Glad to see someone else likes pulsing xenia. I need to get a frag of some again. 

4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

too bad u couldent get a zoa to grow on his helmet 

• Like 1

Pulled one of these little worms out yesterday and today. I know there are more under the rock but seems to be an increase in them. I also removed a couple of the tiny white stars. I don’t mind a few but I don’t like more than a few on the rock. I never take any micro brittle stars out. Not that you actually could only ever see arms waving around.

75FBCDB7-A071-4C21-A64E-635AB0F3540A.jpeg

• debbeach13 changed the title to I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired