Cultivated Reef

I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired

debbeach13

The Kenya is just a test coral probably not staying in there. Things I considered that in many ways seem the same.

1. Mixed reef with colorful softies and a few LPS"  Mostly from my tank and later something new

2. Tiny frags of everything I have and see how much they grow"  All from my tank because it is cheap to do.

3. Only green coral because everyone complains when they have a lot of green" Mostly from my tank and later something new

4. Zoa's because most of mine melted.  New and a couple I have left

5. SPS because I have killed a few but not buying a light so forget it.

6. Only Peaceful Coral, GSP, Xenia, and Toadstool that I have and later something new

7. Only Semi-aggressive Coral, Mushrooms, Zoa's, and Kenya tree that I already have and later something new

8. Only Aggressive Coral, Frogspawn (but it is not doing well), Hammer, Elegance would I really move it - not for months if ever.

9. Nothing from my tank. Some thing I always wanted but have never had like sun corals. Will I be committed to the care it needs. Lazy reefer here.

Things may be unsettled around here till the middle of April so I will probably let it sit with rock, CUC, and that Kenya for weeks. Once I finally pick the rocks. LOL

The new heater seems to be holding steady with the controller set at 78. I put the cover and light on. 

I am leaning toward number 3 the only green just to see how pretty I could get it or number 4 because I miss them.

• Like 1
EfrainChicagoDeepdish

Zoas are so pretty.  You should try again.  Any idea why yours melted? 

I've always wanted to divide a tank into "color zones" and place zoas specifically to pull off a rainbow scheme.  I have spent way too much time day dreaming on how to pull this off.  

Yesterday I added a toy for my amusement. I have also finally decided on my main piece of rock which has a couple Zoas, added a few corals. A different crab made the mushroom shell his home. So I put him and a snail in there. I forgot to turn the power switch back on last night but did have the light on. Still have not put any thing in chamber for mechanical or chemical filter. I will probably do that soon but want to keep my hands out of there for a few days. Still stock light and pump.

07EDAD00-79AC-40DF-A7A4-AD0E0017663B.jpeg

B51173C7-750D-475B-A55C-66D1632E2CF4.jpeg

C745D1CA-38EA-49C7-8A10-6C3DF13F5AA8.jpeg

1692793B-38D4-4B4B-B2D9-692A22020980.jpeg

129C6777-5653-4E18-A4D8-803AF6A3025B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
EfrainChicagoDeepdish

I had a sock folded under my air pump for Chad's living quarters.  The salt creep gets pretty bad due to the bubbles (fair warning). 

The scuba guy is super cute in the tank.  And a few zoas!!   Yay!  Good luck.  

Your right my little diver guys air bubbles make me nervous with the light. So every day I run the pump and bubbles and remove the light. Then I unplug the pump and put the light back on at night. Folded up a towel it works for now. Cleaned a little bit of fuzz off the glass today. Just did the front glass in case my two crabs and one snail might eat it yep ended up putting a snail in. I see baby snails and pods. I give a tiny amount of food almost every day. 

• Like 1
SaltyGallon

Where'd the tall rock go Deb?! That was a cool looking rock. However, the diver is also rather captivating....!

Corals looking happy 🙂

Thanks. Wish I could go get a little goby and some new coral. I have promised the kids I won't go to any stores. They have been bringing me groceries. I put the tall rock back in my 20L when I took the rock out for the zoa's. I have been wondering if I should put it back in, if I do should I glue some GSP or Xenia to it first? I did my first water change today. Two gallons and based on the stuff that came out of the back  chamber I may be over feeding the tank. I also finally added some carbon and floss. 

• Like 3

Thanks for checking in. The tank and clove polyps seem to be doing well. Of course like most people stuck at home I keep thinking move this here and add that there. But I know the best thing I can do for this young tank is keep my hands out of it. I do find myself standing at the kitchen sink a little more often just to look at it. 

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Thanks for checking in. The tank and clove polyps seem to be doing well. Of course like most people stuck at home I keep thinking move this here and add that there. But I know the best thing I can do for this young tank is keep my hands out of it. I do find myself standing at the kitchen sink a little more often just to look at it. 

Oh my that's funny! I find myself standing in my kitchen stating at my tank wondering what to do as well! I just broke my monti cap by messing around in there moving things. I really do like clove polyps, wish my lfs could get some in!

• Like 1

Left the house just to go to CVS drive thru and pick up my script. It's only 5 minutes away and I didn't even get out of the car. But it felt like a little adventure! I am so experiencing cabin fever. Just placed an order with reefcleaners.org My first flower, 3 blue and one green ric's and a bunch of snails. I am so excited. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Just placed an order with reefcleaners.org My first flower, 3 blue and one green ric's and a bunch of snails. I am so excited. 

Woohoo!!

Does Reefcleaners have rock flowers in stock? 

• debbeach13 changed the title to I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired