Cultivated Reef

I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired

debbeach13

I was considering one of these too.  Either notch the top or open top I think.  I'm not finding a lot of evaporation as I would of thought.  The stock light runs cool and I think that helps.  I'd cut the top on the long side if I were to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2020 at 8:35 AM, debbeach13 said:

Diver Dan here not sure what the hell is going on now. That human pulled the rock of zoos out of the tank and replaced it with a mushroom rock. I personally don’t care but Young William is noticeably upset. If the human comes near the tank he hides underneath the mushroom mountain rock.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

3 months ago

• Like 2

Thank you. Yes it is. I have not been recommending this to any one. It is a  test to see where it is at the end of a year. Almost all of the coral were fragged or came from my 20L reef tank so if I lost them I have duplicates. The exceptions are the Florida Ricordia and the sexy shrimp. They were purchased for this tank. I would feel terrible if you tried this and lost your corals. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Thank you. Yes it is. I have not been recommending this to any one. It is a  test to see where it is at the end of a year. Almost all of the coral were fragged or came from my 20L reef tank so if I lost them I have duplicates. The exceptions are the Florida Ricordia and the sexy shrimp. They were purchased for this tank. I would feel terrible if you tried this and lost your corals. 

Haha i should of worded myself much better, i wasn't going to attempt this on my tank but rather set up another up as there's some mushrooms etc in my main tank i don't care too much for.
I suppose you could even have it as a QT tank for certain things or possibly do some big/full water changes before using it for other stuff?

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

That will work. I don’t use the Evo for QT now that it is pretty full. Let me know what you decide.

Might be worth a test, as i'm the lazy type who kind of doesn't QT but as the tank is getting more expensive i really should.
So if the tank is there ready with easy maintenance (my mum was after one but didn't understand the RODI shit but she keeps my old freshwater)...

I guess it all depends on the tap water, will have to trial this 😄 coz yours looks good - when i heard tap water i normally think ALGAE! i have more in my non tap water tank haha!

• 2 weeks later...

Some times I wonder if the RFA is looking for the perfect spot or trying to get away from the sexy shrimp. Most livestock looks good most days except the orange Ricordia just doesn't puff up like the others. I guess every tank has that one coral that is not happy. I temporarily moved the Kenya tree to the ten gallon that is where the dry rock from BRS is now cycling. Makes this tank look a little empty.

• Like 2

I have two ricordia, I bought them at the same time, from the same vendor, the same tank and they were the same size.  One has grown nicely and the other just isn't growing.  They are 3 or 4 inches apart.  Go figure.  

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Wingy said:

I have two ricordia, I bought them at the same time, from the same vendor, the same tank and they were the same size.  One has grown nicely and the other just isn't growing.  They are 3 or 4 inches apart.  Go figure.  

Same here.

• Like 1

It is like a mushroom farm in there and I have had to dispose of some. I tried to give them away but most do not want them plus I had a major fail trying to ship them in the summer. Just to HOT! I love that the toadstool is looking heart shaped now. Young William enjoys the extra coverage they provide and hangs out under them in the front on occasion but still hides in the back and under the rock more than in the front.

• Like 3

Just did a 1.75 gallon WC, cleaned the chambers, pump, and heater. Probably my imagination but I feel like the pump does have increased flow. the RFA had already moved down to the bottom of the tank which was nice so this WC it was never out of the water. One of ricordia is now on the move and one is MIA I am guessing it is under the rock:(. Always some thing to keep you guessing.

• Like 3
  • debbeach13 changed the title to I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired