Coral Vue Hydros

I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired

debbeach13

TerraIncognita
8 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

My refrigerator has water and ice in the door with a small replaceable pre filter I drink that. The water for the Evo is right from the tap. The 20L is store water   2 - 3 gallons every week, and every now and then a larger water change maybe 4 or 5 gallons and once a year 10 gallons  plus top off. This is in my monthly budget, I live in a home my youngest son owns and if I was to spend $400 it would probably be on new lights. Even that is on hold because I think I will need a new washing machine soon.

?

Well that works too :).

I font have a Fridge with water dispenser, so got a water cooler with instant hot and cold, and an RODI Filter for that instead, and added a tap for my spout, but yeah with you're set up you're right it wouldn't make sense to get an RODI unless eventually you wanted to switch out your fridge filtration, in which case they do make ones that go to the fridge and sink.

Beoch is a more politer term for the B-word lol. I still don't even want to type it out. But you know the one.

• Haha 1

Well this sucks! RFA moved to the filter intake after WC and disturbing every thing to catch a couple bristle worms. Diver Dan going to need a scrub next week. Also need to pinch out some hair algae. Knocked the Xenia off it’s rock. And FTS

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Well this sucks! RFA moved to the filter intake after WC and disturbing every thing to catch a couple bristle worms. Diver Dan going to need a scrub next week. Also need to pinch out some hair algae. Knocked the Xenia off it’s rock. And FTS

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah my rock flowers have been wandering a lot lately too... so frustrating when they do that. Your corals all look great though!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wish I could send mine to you.  I feel bad that she is an only because she is always on guard and has no one to play with, not bad enough to get more though.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The end of another month. All 3 sexies still doing well. FTS even though the mushrooms are not fluffy today. Maybe the RFA is really messing up the flow. Been in that spots for a few days now. Young William in back of the rock because I came up to the tank. Before I did he was hanging out front. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

Wow 

21 minutes ago, MarieH said:

Read through it all. 

I think you might be one of the very few. I am following your tank. There are several one here that are much more impressive than mine for coral selection and growth. There is a fluval EVO 5 thread featuring these tanks. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

So I got this a couple weeks ago but I do not want to remove the lid from my tank to install it. Not sure if I can make a cut out in the lid with a hack saw. Any ideas?

image.jpg

Should be able to, I did the same with my Spec 3. I take it the lid is just slightly obtrusive to fit it?

• Like 1
growsomething

Something like this might work clamped to the light, turned up so the bottle can mount to the new edge, it it's tall enough, and if the hoses will reach.  Not sure how the hoses work from the package pic 

Screenshot_20200901-121448_Brave.thumb.jpg.962715766c91d7d5d06d2c07fc6b1bd3.jpg

• debbeach13 changed the title to I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired