Coral Vue Hydros

I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired

debbeach13

debbeach13

And a quick 2 gallon WC on the 20l. Which has a tupperware container full of mushrooms and a Kenya tree from the Taken down tank. The pico got one mushroom and some Kenya. Also some rock in a bucket with heater and pump. If he wants it. If not there will be a trip to the LFS. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I have taken down the overgrown tank. My son is going to take it. I will also give him any or all of the equipment not currently in use. If I can talk him into it.

image.jpg

Wow, now that's a nice starter tank. Rock as well you say? Jealous

debbeach13

Actually I started him with a 3 gallon JBJ picotope A couple years ago. He had fresh water before he moved down to Fl. But had no tank for a couple years and his fiancée loved my tank soooo

• Wow 1

Diver Dan here not sure what the hell is going on now. That human pulled the rock of zoos out of the tank and replaced it with a mushroom rock. I personally don’t care but Young William is noticeably upset. If the human comes near the tank he hides underneath the mushroom mountain rock.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

After taking down the over grown tank I realized how I was sick of pulling out baby mushrooms from the sand bed. Also tired of using a syringe and lime juice in an effort to kill mushrooms that attached to rock housing other corals. So I put the Zoe’s in the reef and the mushrooms in the pico. I discarded all the babies that were being held in Tupperware. May make some more changes if and when I move the pico off the kitchen counter and onto the stand I made. Part of me likes the amount of sun light the pico gets on the counter. But part of me really wants the counter space back. Going to try and not make any changes for a week. 

• Like 2

Yeah the red spotted ones started to take off I had some huge ones bigger than any thing on the rock plus babies and they would take over if I didn't do something. The blue also multiply but much less and the "purple" I think may have gone from one to 4 or 5 in over a year. I have given away some but not going out much has changed that plus no one really wants them.  When I moved the rock it dropped even more! I will have to continue picking and squirting in the reef for awhile. Still deciding if I should take the Florida ricordia out of the pico and put it in the reef tank and then remove both types of Kenya tree from the reef and put in the pico. 

• Like 2
On 6/13/2020 at 12:13 AM, Wingy said:

You should offer them up in the livestock section.  If you think they might survive shipping to NY I would take some.  

Let me think about it. Would have to check shipping and packing cost which you would need to cover. Pm me your zip code. I will check for insulated boxes in the garage and what other supplies I have.

• Like 2
On 6/15/2020 at 1:33 AM, debbeach13 said:

Let me think about it. Would have to check shipping and packing cost which you would need to cover. Pm me your zip code. I will check for insulated boxes in the garage and what other supplies I have.

I've posted Yuma's before damp posted. Literally damp paper towels, in zip lock bag, wrapped in bubblewrap and in a padded envelope so that they can fit through a letter box. Bit of carbon if you're feeling fancy or the weather is particularly warm 

• Wow 1

With the temperature being high 80's and low 90's I want to use an insulated box and at least one ice pack. But maybe wrap the mushrooms in some paper towels in water in a specimen cup? Cover with a face cloth and the ice pack on top. I have those items already. Your way seems easy but I would worry about them getting squished. I guess I could blow some air in the bag with a straw. I never thought about adding carbon. 

• Like 2

Wow those mushrooms are amazing!! I only wish I could get mine to spread like that. Do you feed them or add anything to the tank that gets them to grow quickly? 

The tank photographs beautifully on its new stand. How are you liking the new location?

I love it. and I like having the counter space back a lot. I wish now I had put a back on the stand to hide the wires. Considering maybe doing that and try to put a little shelf on the back of the back to place Diver Dan's pump on. I am not ready to yet because of course I don't want to move the tank off the stand just yet. Plus I would have to get motivated to go to Lowes. This stand is over kill for a 5 gallon tank I think it could hold a 29 easy. But I love this little tank W/C are a breeze and except cleaning the back chambers it is just fun.

• Like 1

Oh I forgot you asked about feeding. The mushrooms are not feed directly and I do not adhere to an actual schedule. Except if I have it I feed unrinsed frozen brine all most every day because that is the fish favorite. I broadcast feed the tank Reef Roids or newly hatched brine shrimp once and a while. Flakes once or twice a week because the clowns are always hungry. I used to feed Marine Snow once a week but stopped months ago when the hair algae (which I just pinch off between my fingers) and the florescent green algae on the sand bed were out of control. I had to remove small amounts of sand and rinse in diluted peroxide to get rid of that. Maybe even dino's. I will probably try the marine snow a couple times again soon to see if the algae comes back or not. LRS, frozen baby brine, cut up shrimp from the grocery deli all are used once and while to change things up but after reading about that pair of clowns living 37 and 41 years once I use up what I have on hand I am not going to replenish those last 3 items. The article recommended keeping it simple and not offering much variety at all. They say let some algae grow and I already do that, wanted or not LOL. It also had some other great recommendations but I probably won't be adhering to letting them have their own tank. I have a Bengal Cardinal in the tank and may add another fish some day. Sorry for the long answer. Once I get on a roll I don't know enough to shut up.

• Like 1

So the lime juice didn’t work. See the little suckers. It’s hard to because they are under the toadstool but at least 6 or 7 are still there. About half I also pulled the rock out and scrubbed with a brush.

4675DF8E-1B55-4A23-BD64-08E2A3D5EC5F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • debbeach13 changed the title to I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired