Cultivated Reef

I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired

debbeach13

NoOneLikesADryTang
13 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I started SW when I lived in Chelmsford MA had a 55G tank using tap with start right. Moved to Salisbury MA smaller home and new 29G tank and continued with tap and start right there also. Until I had a hair algae out break and took the suggestion to try RO/Di from Wal-Mart (no longer available). But thinking back shortly after changing my water source I changed my lights from CF to Metal Halide. So who knows maybe the water help or maybe it was the lights. When I moved to Florida I lived with my son and got a new tank 40B with new T-5 lighting but continued with Bottled water. Then I moved again to my current location and changed to a 20L first with T-5 (still have in the garage but tank ran hot!) now a nano box duo old style no blue tooth and use DI bottled. With so many different tanks and lights over the years I thought it would be interesting and frugal to give tap another try on the pico.

I love this! I didn't realize you were doing some experimenting. This makes this thread even cooler to follow along with! 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
debbeach13

Good morning. Diver Dan reporting in. The one drop of super glue that the human placed on my tiny air hose to reattach it to the 25% of my nub (which is all that is left after she broke it) held up to her brutality. This repair was tested today. The human once again decided to do a WC. While vacuuming the sand she bumped into me. Again! I was dislodged and started to float away. She then placed me back where I belong so I can continue exploring for treasure. Now that I have regained my footing I feel safe. She is no longer in view and hopefully will not be returning any time soon.

646FD1C4-ACB7-4EA5-A73A-E212849A5848.jpeg

• Haha 5
EfrainChicagoDeepdish

Beware the hand Diver Dan.  Beware.  

Also I'm sure everything in my tank and house says "here comes the clutz."  

• Like 2
debbeach13

Good morning Young William here. Well the human is at it again. She evidently thought that the three frags at one end of the tank needed to all be crowded onto one piece of rock. What if they don’t get along? I decided to protect my self and dragged two empty shells over to cover one of the opening to my tunnels. I swear if she lifts my rock I may have to jump out of here. 

F0593AF2-9E34-4AD1-892B-CD3B2D6AF291.jpeg

348FB7A2-BE11-4BF3-87A2-4726459956C7.jpeg

51465362-08E1-499D-91CA-72B243BF6446.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 5/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, debbeach13 said:

The corals have all opened up with just the indirect light from the windows. Carl the blue leg Hermit in the blue mushroom seems to appreciate the new rock to explore.

64B16AB4-5591-4FA2-9B07-06EB9E411F40.jpeg

0E795888-6231-46AC-99DE-0ED66047E180.jpeg

Oh its on the hermit? That's funny, I thought it was just a well travelled mushroom

• Like 1
debbeach13

Bunch of crappy pictures because it’s been awhile. RFA moved back to the right side of tank but back corner instead of the front. Dirty glass. Dirty tank. WC tomorrow and I will clean the glass. Don’t tell Dan. I want to surprise him.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
banasophia
3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Diver Dan here the human managed some cleaning with out bothering me. I guess I can hang out in here another week

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great. That rock flower is such a beauty!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
debbeach13

Just looked at the Clove polyps on my lap top. Bigger screen I counted 8. I think it started with 4 or 5 so doubled! I went to Lowe’s and got a C’sink so the screws would be nice and flat against the wood. First I couldn’t get the drill bit out to try the counter sink. Now I can’t get the C’sink out. Old age weakness or my arthritis is going to make a 4 hour project take weeks. I almost got some plywood to put a back on it. Then decided not to because if it comes out crappy I will use it as a plant stand on the back porch.

• Like 2
debbeach13

First coat. Will probably take several because I couldn’t find any wood primer. Yesterday my son let me know he bought a very similar stand at Old Time Pottery for $55.00 with three shelves. Kill Joy

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • debbeach13 changed the title to I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired