Innovative Marine Aquariums

I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired

debbeach13

8 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Did a WC, changed out filter floss and rinsed carbon on all 3 tanks.  Glad that's done.

Its always nice to have a fresh clean tank

• Like 2

I said to my self don’t do it. I didn’t listen. Followed the instructions and used the stupid little stickers. Which you could see after applying the background. Tried to remove the background and of course I tore it. Have been removing the stickers and the left over residue for two days now! I did get another background. Thank you curbside pick up at pet smart. I guess I am Going to try to attach with regular scotch tape on the plastic bottom trim and side trim. There is no top trim. Pretty old school. Anyone have a better idea?

image.jpg

• Sad 1
25 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I said to my self don’t do it. I didn’t listen. Followed the instructions and used the stupid little stickers. Which you could see after applying the background. Tried to remove the background and of course I tore it. Have been removing the stickers and the left over residue for two days now! I did get another background. Thank you curbside pick up at pet smart. I guess I am Going to try to attach with regular scotch tape on the plastic bottom trim and side trim. There is no top trim. Pretty old school. Anyone have a better idea?

image.jpg

Baby oil. It will cause the background to cling to the glass.  Just don’t use a lot. Then tape the edges along the bottom where the tape can’t be seen.  

• Like 1
Chadicus Meridius
1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

Last night I target fed some reef roids. The response was amazing. Check out the toadstool. Swear it grew overnight. Tonight I moved the sunshine polys and put the ricordea back it this tank.

4D925F82-8760-4C63-BD98-8BD2CB34B0BF.jpeg

B3CC551A-622B-4954-9F5F-9CD63C3C8B17.jpeg

7E25168C-CD20-4CD6-93A0-948FA49BC243.jpeg

6AE7BD46-5F0C-4B9E-B3C1-3DFF5553E865.jpeg

It looks like it grew a lot.

• Like 2

Hi Ratvan It is a cloth pad about the size of a place mat that is used to place wet dishes on after washing. I do have a aquarium background that I am flattening out. I am waiting for my new MJ 606 pump to arrive. I will have to pull the tank out away from the counter back to put the pump in. Which means taking some water out so I will put the back ground on then. Thanks for tagging along. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Hi Ratvan It is a cloth pad about the size of a place mat that is used to place wet dishes on after washing. I do have a aquarium background that I am flattening out. I am waiting for my new MJ 606 pump to arrive. I will have to pull the tank out away from the counter back to put the pump in. Which means taking some water out so I will put the back ground on then. Thanks for tagging along. 

I was going to place my tank on one of those but took the scissors to Mrs R's yoga mat instead. Lol

How do you find reef roids? I always seems to get so much nuisance algae growth it wasn't worth it for me. Guess I used too much? 

• Haha 1

Talking about my main reef tank now. I think it is easy to over do it. I only use reef roids once a week. I am the lazy reefer and have cut back on feeding and lighting so I don’t have to clean algae as much. I still see hair algae which I pull of with my fingers when it is long enough then I put a snail there to eat. I still get and hate the green algae on the sand. Never been able to ID it. Never found any thing to eat it. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I hope this is because it caught a snail!

35 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

The RFA was completely under the sand but is coming back up now.

Some of mine do that over night - probably a safety mechanism.  I've even had them stay balled up under the sand for a day or two.  They're weird creatures!

Mine usually spit out the snails after a few minutes.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

The RFA finely opened back up. Ricordea seems to be ok also 

image.jpg

image.jpg

i love scuba steve!  still think you shoud put a zoa on his head lol  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
EfrainChicagoDeepdish

What is the ball in the photo of your favorite pico things?  

Glad the RFA is back open.  They are odd creatures sometimes.  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, EfrainChicagoDeepdish said:

What is the ball in the photo of your favorite pico things?  

Glad the RFA is back open.  They are odd creatures sometimes.  

Looks like the other end of the pipette? Baster thing

Yes the white bulb is the top of the turkey baster. Today I did replace the stock pump with the MJ 606. easy to do. I also got the background on. I still can not make up my mind about plugging the slot between the chambers. I like the idea of forcing all of the water to exit chamber one from the bottom after going through the filter media. I don't like the idea that most of the water will go right into the pump from the bottom making the heated water stay in chamber 2. This is why some people make a few holes in the return hose if they plug the slot. Of course that then reduces the flow a little. Which I just fixed with a stronger pump. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, karisma said:

I like the "all light." Maybe have the blue a bit more then whites.

I am still using the stock light. It is off, all or just blue no adjustment. I also like the all. Looks more natural. I take photo's once and awhile with just blue because the coral colors are so  different. Looks fake to me. If I could adjust a little more blue would at least be worth trying.

• Like 1
  • debbeach13 changed the title to I am not a contestant unofficially copying 365 challenge retired