Coral Vue Hydros

Identification help

Enthrol

Today I noticed what looks like aiptasia. There are 3 small stalks that I've found. 

All 3 look similar. I only got good pictures of 2 as the 3rd is buried in some gha

Can someone please let me know if I'm right in my identification?

7CF8EABC-74D0-4A12-9659-7B440C040656.jpeg

F3F129D7-CFE4-498A-8EB1-0A7802A3222B.jpeg

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Enthrol said:

Today I noticed what looks like aiptasia. There are 3 small stalks that I've found. 

All 3 look similar. I only got good pictures of 2 as the 3rd is buried in some gha

Can someone please let me know if I'm right in my identification?

7CF8EABC-74D0-4A12-9659-7B440C040656.jpeg

F3F129D7-CFE4-498A-8EB1-0A7802A3222B.jpeg

You are correct. 

8 minutes ago, Enthrol said:

Damn... Well time to learn how to get rid of it.

Thank you!

Covering them with super glue can be effective depending on location. 

I just read that, but I'm also worried it'll just spread. Think this might work for a couple but one of them is entrenched in a hole it can disappear into.

I'm reading good things about berghai nudibranchs, though it seems to take a while for them to get to work. Then there's the nutrient spike after their job is done, if I can't find them all to remove them.

Kind of want to stay away from chemical treatments as this is my first tank and I'm just starting to get a grasp on the water chemistry. So I'm concerned I wouldnt notice ill effects of the chemicals.

• Like 1
NoOneLikesADryTang

Some people swear by boiling water injected in to them. Others say a lemon juice mixture works. 

I’ve been pretty fortunate *knocks on wood* and haven’t ever had a major outbreak of them. When I do see them, I’ve just used apstasia-x on them. If you can get it in to their oral disc, it works great. Sometimes on harder to reach ones though, it takes few tries. 

• Like 1

I picked up a bottle of F-Aiptasia from my lfs, who happens to make it, after reading some reviews around the internet. Applied it tonight. We'll see if it does the trick.

• Like 1