Pod Your Reef

CLOWNFISH POOPING WHITE!! HELP!!

nano_ryan

One of my clownfish has had white poop ever since i got him 1.5 months ago. I feed new life spectrum pellets everyday. What does this mean? I dont think its worms or something like that cause he acts completely normal and swims all over the tank. My water perimeters are ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 20ppm ph 8.2, sg 1.023. Ive attached some photos below.  

58654C47-6DB0-4ACD-B1EF-A772254AC2D8.jpeg

DCF3C5EC-0042-478C-AF07-B7414C1DB8A2.jpeg

If pellets is all you're feeding, then I don't think it's food in this case.

Seems like he's a little thin considering that he seems to be eating well....unless that's just in the pic and he's really FAT, then I'd say internal parasites seems likely.

Try feeding frozen food exclusively for a week or so...something good and colorful like reef plankton...not just brine shrimp or mysis. 

If conditions don't change for the better and white poops remain....then consider some Seachem Focus and Metro in combination.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mcarroll said:

If pellets is all you're feeding, then I don't think it's food in this case.

Seems like he's a little thin considering that he seems to be eating well....unless that's just in the pic and he's really FAT, then I'd say internal parasites seems likely.

Try feeding frozen food exclusively for a week or so...something good and colorful like reef plankton...not just brine shrimp or mysis. 

If conditions don't change for the better and white poops remain....then consider some Seachem Focus and Metro in combination.

So i have no idea where or how to buy frozen foods for marine fish... But i do have phytoplankton that i dose 2x weekly. I took that pic before i started to dose it. I dont think hes pooping white anymore but maybe he is... and i wasnt in the room. Is the pellets and phytoplankton enough? Cause ik that they need some type of vegitation and phytoplankton is different algea/plants. Or do i need something like zooplankton. 

Mostly just suggesting if for a change to see if his poops change with the food.  There is a higher roughage content and lower nutrient content to natural foods....so it's possible the change could be good for him on that basis too.  Keep and eye on him and we'll see what comes next.  👍