Innovative Marine Aquariums

10 gallon innovative marine 365 challenge

Shellsea

Tank:Innovative Marine 10g nuvo with screen top 

Light: Ai prime hd

Upgrades: hydor universal 185 pump, vca random flow generator

Additional Equipment: smart ato, nuvo media caddy, tetra heater, 

Ok so I got this tank for free and thought heck why not enter the 365 challenge. To help me keep up with the monthly posts I’m  going to also post update pictures on my Instagram so if you’d like follow me @aquaticaptitude. My theme will be Star Wars in honor of my husband letting me set up another tank;). My plan is to stick with decor and corals that are Star Wars related. Keep up with my thread to see the first theme related ad in 🙂

Snow_Phoenix
9 minutes ago, Shellsea said:

Innovative 10g nuvo: vca ransoms flow generator, hydor universal pump 185 upgrade, tetra heater, media caddy, ai prime hd. 

:welcome:to NR!

Don't forget to quickly post a condiment-in-your-dry-tank pic. 🙂

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

:welcome:to NR!

Don't forget to quickly post a condiment-in-your-dry-tank pic. 🙂

I posted at 11:59 but went in to try and edit the photo direction. Does it count?

• 5 weeks later...

March post update: 03/31/2020

Water is in along with dry rock structure. It took me awhile to decide what structure I wanted to use but after doing an Instagram poll I settled on one. I am using MicroBacter start Xlm by Brightwell to seed the tank. I first created ammonia with the fish food method and am now dosing daily with the bacteria. Hopefully the extra cycle time will pay off but I’m itching to get some life in here! Until then yoda is holding down the fort lol

I wanted to also talk alittle about some of the equipment choices and how they are working so far. First the hydor centrifugal pump 185gph. This thing can move some water! But bc this tank model only has one return nozzle the pump has to be dialed back so the water doesn’t splash everywhere. It is a little louder then I expected, there is a internal piece that has a little rattle that is kinda nerve racking. I’m considering switching it out for a sicce nano micra plus (158gph) or the sicce syncra nano (110gph). If we’re allowed to adjust equipment on these builds. 

As I observe how each piece of equipment does I will update you on the effectiveness. Until next month....stay safe out there by staying in and creating amazing aquariums:) 

735099E4-BC49-48BF-A6DD-C6C64343A671.jpeg

• Like 5
17 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

That rock is so unique. Where did you get it? Is it one piece? did you make it?

I made it out of rubble rock, glad you like it 😉 you can see more of my scapes on my Instagram. @aquaticaptitude

• Like 1
On 3/31/2020 at 11:28 PM, IHaveADegreeInMarineBioBut said:

👌

coincidence or inspiration??

It feels a lot like art except I sit down and lay a bunch of pieces in front of me and just kinda see how they fit together, great quarantine past time haha

• Like 3
IHaveADegreeInMarineBioBut
8 hours ago, Shellsea said:

It feels a lot like art except I sit down and lay a bunch of pieces in front of me and just kinda see how they fit together, great quarantine past time haha

noooo i'm saying that it looks like: 👌

4 hours ago, IHaveADegreeInMarineBioBut said:

noooo i'm saying that it looks like: 👌

Haha oh I thought you were asking a question 😂

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

April update: 

The tank had FINALLY cycled. Just in time to hold some frags I’ve been cutting up. Some frags will stay as permanent residents but most are leaving to new homes. With this whole epidemic going on it has become increasingly hard to find fish and especially fish for for a Nano tank. I have two fish in qt who should be ready to go in their new home soon. A pink streaked wrasse and a hasselt goby.   

Slow going for now but hopefully we will all be able to slowly get back to normal. Until then stay safe and enjoy your aquariums. 

BA890874-FF8B-403B-829F-E327B7F00DFA.jpeg

• Like 1