Top Shelf Aquatics

NoOneLikesADryTang

ECLS Reefer
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Poor old lady has a birthday this week so I didnโ€™t want to correct her. ๐Ÿ˜„

Dammit where's the middle finger emoji quick response??!!

ย 

ย 

ย 

Actually I DID remember it was @WV Reefer's crab that got dried, but I figured since Tang doesn't know that story, the comment would seem convoluted and confusing. My mind is actually a steel trap, thank you very much.

Edited by Dirtรฉ Sanchez
๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Haha 2
EfrainChicagoDeepdish

#RIP to the dried crab.ย  I remember reading that thread but missed out on the ending.ย ย 

ย 

I should have a little graveyard for our losses under the rose bushes.ย  Some will be an empty grave (Chad), but I have found a few jumpers who somehow find the smallest opening.ย  I did once put up a missing poster for a fish around the neighborhood which has an elementary school.ย  The fish never came home.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

SmartSelect_20200427-120724_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 7
EfrainChicagoDeepdish

Welcome back to my version of Kliff Kingsbury's underwater house.

ย 

When I moved in, there were peeps squatting here already.

ย 

Here are my first best friends - Pennywise and Sideshow Bob in their anemone Bev.ย  Bev has been pouting since the remodel (guess she liked the wood paneling).ย ย 

20191230_180720.thumb.jpg.2e489f7d5a2cf4c94e6d457b0b7d0acf.jpg

ย 

Pennywise and Bob received three more anemones and they split their time between them.ย  Here is BJ and a group shot of us!

20200420_172205.thumb.jpg.7c3e46a7875dc2ec046b4bb3a4ae587b.jpg

ย 

Bermucci and Barkles

20200420_172227.thumb.jpg.1a9ca8ed363af382de09190642ad5ab8.jpg

Maybe Bev is upset because she doesn't like sharing.

ย 

I can't swimย in or touch the anemones.ย  But I wouldn't mind being a clownfish as they are super fun to be around and they swim so pretty.

ย 

Here is my other instant friend who doesn't have a name.ย  He is somewhat boring which is probably why he hasn't been named yet.ย  He just kinda hangs out and doesn't really swim with me.ย  I still think he is great cause we all have that low key friend.

50772.thumb.jpeg.614c20cf9aea9c3e03222fe5ff65c7e2.jpeg

ย 

There was also an urchin.ย  He would knock rocks over which upset TK so he was given to a local club member who later texted NOLADT and said he was strong.ย  Makes sense since I would hear the urchin going around asking "Do you even lift?"

1435669-769290ab621139e91c99f335383b58ae.jpg.c7266e46893f0d4e97a84824630e7960.jpg

ย 

Next round I will introduce you to the friends that came after me.

ย 

-E-fin

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
42 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Maybe we let the Nano-Reef community name the Cardinal Fish to be named later! Suggestions on a name?ย 

Boring Bangie?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
49 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Maybe we let the Nano-Reef community name the Cardinal Fish to be named later! Suggestions on a name?ย 

Cardyย B

• Haha 4
11 minutes ago, EfrainChicagoDeepdish said:

Difficulty: I am aiming for a mate for the cardinalfish so I'll need two names.ย  Please and thank you.ย 

ย 

39 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Cardyย B

Or Ana Maria Mauricia de Habsburgoย 

1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

RICHELIEU!!ย ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
EfrainChicagoDeepdish

@Ratvan.ย  I originally wanted to name the pair "mortal" and "venial" (types on sins) but NOLADT looked at me like I had two heads.ย  Which I'm sure this comment did for those reading.ย 

ย 

Cardinal sins, other types of sins.ย  Meh.ย ย 

ย 

But Richelieu was in the similar theme so maybe you'd get it.ย ย 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, EfrainChicagoDeepdish said:

@Ratvan.ย  I originally wanted to name the pair "mortal" and "venial" (types on sins) but NOLADT looked at me like I had two heads.ย  Which I'm sure this comment did for those reading.ย 

ย 

ย 

That has my vote.ย 

ย 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
15 minutes ago, EfrainChicagoDeepdish said:

ย 

ย 

Dante and Alighieri?

ย 

ย 

Mea and Culpa?

ย 

ย 

Urban and Clement?

• Like 2
EfrainChicagoDeepdish

@Dirtรฉ Sanchez

ย 

Ooh.ย  Pope Urban and Pope Clement reminded me of St.ย Euphrosyne and St. Uncumber.ย 

ย 

Greatย references but definitely too cerebral I'm afraid.ย  We shall see what E-fin decides to go with as recommendations come through.ย ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
3 minutes ago, EfrainChicagoDeepdish said:

@Dirtรฉ Sanchez

ย 

Ooh.ย  Pope Urban and Pope Clement reminded me of St.ย Euphrosyne and St. Uncumber.ย 

ย 

Greatย references but definitely too cerebral I'm afraid.ย  We shall see what E-fin decides to go with as recommendations come through.ย ย 

Ah well we were talking sin. Who's more adept at sin than Dante? That got me thinking about Angels and Demons and popes. I couldn't remember the schism popes so I had to look them up.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, EfrainChicagoDeepdish said:

ย 

ย 

May I swing it past the Mrs?ย 

• Like 1
devaji108

hmm that is a hard one as i typically don't name my fishes some some reason.ย 

I like to see there personality in the tank before I do.

ย 

i once had a beautiful Midas blenny and I introduced the GF to the tank for the 1st time it was in the middle of a big poo. so it got name dingle berryย  was the only fish in the tank that had the privilege of a name. lol

ย 

ย 

• Haha 3
NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, devaji108 said:

hmm that is a hard one as i typically don't name my fishes some some reason.ย 

I like to see there personality in the tank before I do.

ย 

i once had a beautiful Midas blenny and I introduced the GF to the tank for the 1st time it was in the middle of a big poo. so it got name dingle berryย  was the only fish in the tank that had the privilege of a name. lol

ย 

ย 

That's a fantastic name!!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ Our Midas is named Billy Ballsack Chin.ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

That's a fantastic name!!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ Our Midas is named Billy Ballsack Chin.ย 

But mortal and venial has been vetoed? Shocking. Mrs Ratvan also said no ๐Ÿ˜”

• Sad 1
NoOneLikesADryTang
14 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

But mortal and venial has been vetoed? Shocking. Mrs Ratvan also said no ๐Ÿ˜”

It's too obscure... Makes me feel like I'm at a Dennis Miller show.ย 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

It's too obscure... Makes me feel like I'm at a Dennis Miller show.ย 

A pun is not the reason to get a new pet is what I've been told. Who knew?ย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

I think it's because they're not clowns

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
NoOneLikesADryTang
On 3/31/2020 at 10:22 PM, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

With the Corona Virus in full swing, the Tank Keeper and I have been laying pretty low, trying to do our part in preventing spread.ย Ourย state officially went under a โ€œStay at Homeโ€ order today at 5pm. ย 
ย 

Even though Iโ€™ve been working from home the last couple of weeks, the tank keeper has had to go in to the office. This leaves me with a little more flexibility, so I decided today was the day I had to venture out.ย I needed to get the 75wย heater for the 20 gallon tank(it seems everywhere is sold out online). I didnโ€™t want to take the chance of not being able to get my hands on a heater for the competition tank, so Covid be damned, Iย headed out.ย 
ย 

A couple of lessons were learned today. The most important of which, is if youโ€™ve made a fish purchase without directly consulting with your tank keeper (even if itโ€™s on the preย approved tank stocking list) donโ€™t use the LFS rewards number associated with their phone number. Seriously. Pay cash. Forgo the rewards. Hope the fish hides for a while to buy you some time to come up with a plausible story on how it got in to the tank in the first place.ย 
ย 

Long story short,(I know, not really, I blab. A lot.) the fish is in the tank, andย I still have a pulse. For now.ย 

A95171DE-10E7-4EEE-A180-D4E0498DFA75.jpeg

ย 

Just do what I did for Billy Ballsack Chin... These four little words are magical. "Babe. Don't be mad."ย 

• Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...
NoOneLikesADryTang

Not a ton to report lately... In Calcium, our competition tank, weโ€™ve noticed at least three, and possibly 4 crabs with more hair on their legs, than I have, and definitely more than the tank keeper has. Weโ€™ve also seen a couple of porcelain crabs. Attached are couple of photos of the more cooperative crabs.ย 
ย 

ย 

C57615CE-93EC-4897-9F59-15BB2F46BEA2.jpeg

67332FA8-744F-45B6-B0F8-99626685A4C1.jpeg

• Like 6
ECLS Reefer
8 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Not a ton to report lately... In Calcium, our competition tank, weโ€™ve noticed at least three, and possibly 4 crabs with more hair on their legs, than I have, and definitely more than the tank keeper has. Weโ€™ve also seen a couple of porcelain crabs. Attached are couple of photos of the more cooperative crabs.ย 
ย 

ย 

C57615CE-93EC-4897-9F59-15BB2F46BEA2.jpeg

67332FA8-744F-45B6-B0F8-99626685A4C1.jpeg

That actually a neat looking little crab

• Like 2
NoOneLikesADryTang
Just now, Dirtรฉ Sanchez said:

That actually a neat looking little crab

They are all cool looking!ย Thereโ€™sย an evenย largerย one, than these two, that doesnโ€™t come out enough to get any photos of yet. I think heโ€™s just camera shy, because he forgot his razor back in the Atlantic Ocean.ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1