SeaFurn

Seafurn's Old School Pico Gets An Upgrade - 365 Day Challenge

SeaFurn

Day 84

Mid-ish month FTS - in mid day lighting (more white, less blue). 

I’ve found that putting a black mat in front of the tank cuts down on glare. 

49924654326_b48ce6b591_b.jpg

Hopefully I can get the new corals, the zoas, and the frogspawn glued in their spots by the end of the month. Would also like to get the hammer back in the tank. 

• Like 3

SeaFurn

Day 85

Glued some of the ricordea frags that are small rubble onto frag plugs. This should keep them from getting flipped over and moved around less often. I also moved them to the back of the tank where they aren’t getting blasted to see if that helps them return to their original size. 

Going to visit some family in FL for a few days for a little quarantining change of scenery. They have pool so it will be nice to stare at that and swim instead of being at the house all the time. Hopefully we will take some walks on the beach too. 

In preparation for being away, I went through tank care instructions with my oldest son tonight who will be sticking around here. Don’t expect there to be any problems but there was a lot to explain. I guess I take these simple daily tasks for granted. 

Not sure what I’ll be posting the next several days...

In other non tank news - we just sat through my daughter’s virtual high school graduation. Such strange times we live in. As part of it, all the kids made 10 second videos and that substituted as their walk across a stage to get their diploma. I gotta say - it was way more entertaining than the normal graduation. It was fun to get to see what each kid did for theirs - and what they had to say. 

Congrats to the class of 2020! 

• Like 3

SeaFurn

Day 86

Tested the water before we left this morning and everything looked good - except alk. It’s higher than several of the last measurements and I haven’t dosed or changed any water.  Not sure what would be causing it to creep up.  If anything, it should be going down slightly day to day. I don’t think I did the last tests incorrectly. 

Checked in with my son on the tanks this evening and he said everything looked good.  So...back to vacation! 

• Like 1

SeaFurn

Day 87

Vacation Day

Nokomis Beach, FL

Despite the look of this picture - it wasn’t too bad of a day.

My son said the tanks are good. 🤞🏻

49936925227_99073812a5_b.jpg

• Like 3

debbeach13

Looks good to me. But I believe a bad day at the beach beats a good day anywhere else 

• Like 1

devaji108
22 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Day 87

Vacation Day

Nokomis Beach, FL

Despite the look of this picture - it wasn’t too bad of a day.

My son said the tanks are good. 🤞🏻

49936925227_99073812a5_b.jpg

looking nice and warm. it snowed here the other day sooo. yeah beach sounds nice about now. 

• Like 1

SeaFurn

Day 88

Did a little beach combing today looking for shark’s teeth. I guess this beach is known for that. I didn’t find any of those but I did find a couple of rocks and a mangrove propagule that I may add to the tank! 

• Like 1