Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

365 Day Challenge - 12 years in the making

pharazon

Well, after 12 years of lurking, this is probably as good a time as any to start posting.

A good friend and Nano-Reef member urged me to jump in on this contest. I happened to have a spare AIO sitting on my porch, so why not? 

I can tell you the last thing I want to do is spend heaps of cash on a run-down Petco special that holds less water than a standard bucket of water. So you can expect this to be a bargain build. 

I do, however, have a pretty well stocked tank full of SPS - so (barring a crash, fingers crossed) I should be able to stock this thing with some decent corals.

The biggest issue will be rock. I don’t have any to spare, and I’d hate to start it with dry rock. 3 gallons of water, dry rock, and SPS just doesn’t seem like a winning combo... but we’re gonna find out! 

Anyway, here’s my entry photo - and to hoping that this little piece of junk will end up as spicy as the condiment inside.

Cheers.

4D5DD478-C23D-4E06-8704-03A2ED38645F.jpeg

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Alriiight! Ready for some heat!! 🔥 

Maybe it’ll catch on fire! 😅

15 minutes ago, seabass said:

12 years late, but :welcome: to Nano-Reef.com.

It took me that long to think of something to say. Thank you!

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Hi glad your joining in. I will be very interested to see how the SPS does. Which light are you going with? 

ABI Tuna Blue 12W. 

Unless a Kessil A80 just falls into my lap somehow - but I’m not spending that much on a light for this tank.

55 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

IMO it will be great to see what the ABI can do if you stick with it for the whole year. 

Agreed! Most of the corals that go into this tank will come from underneath a Radion G4 Pro, so I’m excited to see how they change.

.. or if they survive. But I should probably get it wet first. 😅

• Like 1

Scored a couple of ugly sump rocks from a buddy. Tossed them in with some dry rock I had laying around, hoping to seed the dry pieces. Will probably sprinkle in some MB7, Fritz, sand, Frank’s Red Hot, holy water, etc etc... 

30C2ECED-E3C4-4489-8C36-7A73CE28D9DB.jpeg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Is this the Imagitarium 3.7??

It is indeed!

I bought it last year on a whim. I brought some corals home that ended up having some suspicious looking hitchhikers and used it as a quarantine for a couple months.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...