ReefCleaners.org

RoxBox 10 365 day challenge tank

MaineReefkeeper

MaineReefkeeper

So I’ve decided to join in on the 365 day challenge. I’m mostly a lurker on the forum but have been around a long time. Tried to do the IM 14 peninsula challenge a few years back but had just had twins and man were they a lot of work! 😂 Just couldn’t find the time or energy to keep up with the tank. But they’re almost 4 now and it was actually them wanting a Nemo that got me going in the reefing world again last spring after a long hiatus. Looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun and some really unique tanks and ideas! 
Below are the quick basics to start. I’ll update thread with my plans as I decide just what I’m doing. 🤔

Specifications

Tank

• Waterbox 10 cube (14.2”W x 13.8”D x 13.8"H)

Lighting

• Aqua Illuminations Prime 16 HD 

Filtration

• Intank media rack chamber 1
  • Bio pure chamber 2 

Rock and Sand

• bare bottom
  • NanoRox 

Heater

• Neotherm

Flow

•  Undecided

Auto Top-Off

• AutoAqua Smart Micro ATO
  • Undecided on reservoir 

RO/DI 

•  From local LFS

Salt

• Fritz RPM

Livestock

• Fish

• Inverts

• Coral

MORE TO COME.

DEF3F462-E4C0-4F53-A666-9FD4B51AC77A.jpeg

745267AD-8F93-4E46-B4E2-44265DD25882.jpeg

FD043007-2739-4BEF-8FA3-DE65C820848B.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

Just couldn’t find the time or energy to keep up with the tank. But they’re almost 4 now and it was actually them wanting a Nemo that got me going in the reefing world again last spring after a long hiatus.

Sounds like you have your theme, a low maintenance "Nemo" tank.  Glad you could join, good luck.

Great that your twins are old enough now and motivation to get back into it.   I recognize that rock from another social media post - and I loved it!  Cool that I now know what tank it's going in!   Can't wait to see it covered in corals!  Good luck! 

MaineReefkeeper
7 hours ago, seabass said:

Sounds like you have your theme, a low maintenance "Nemo" tank.  Glad you could join, good luck.

Well not sure Nemo will make an appearance in this tank yet. He’s happily residing in the old IM 14 tank at the moment. Have a few thoughts on some smaller gobies for this tank. 

• Like 2
MaineReefkeeper
3 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Great that your twins are old enough now and motivation to get back into it.   I recognize that rock from another social media post - and I loved it!  Cool that I now know what tank it's going in!   Can't wait to see it covered in corals!  Good luck! 

Thank you! Yeah Duane at NanoRox does some cool work! Super realistic texture and coloring. 
It’s awesome watching my little guys get excited watching the fish, crabs or shrimp in the tank! Brings a whole different perspective to this hobby🙂

9 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Welcome to the contest. The boys are just to cute. I am sure you will have some fun with nemo.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
MaineReefkeeper

So my tank has just been “cycling” with a bunch of bio pure balls in the rear. I decided I wanted a little more height in the NanoRox center piece so I sent it back to Duane and he’s working his magic. I’ll post a couple in progress shots below. I’ve bought a few frags and thrown them in the IM 14 for the time being. Still not 100% sure on my theme yet but narrowing it down. 

9DEAD9F6-561D-4C24-B714-B3B994B5D1EC.png

CD2D05AC-F166-43C9-8357-2821FABA2E0A.png

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...