Innovative Marine Aquariums

365 Day Challenge: First Coral- Pulsing Xenia

Chadicus Meridius

2 minutes ago, Seea said:

Well this article lead me to believe my tank is ready for cerith snails. So if I can convince my parents to take me to the LFS I’ll buy some.

You might also want to get a small turbo snail and an astrea snail if you can, especially if you can get a ninja star astrea snail. 

• Like 2
Chadicus Meridius
12 minutes ago, banasophia said:

You might also want to get a small turbo snail and an astrea snail if you can, especially if you can get a ninja star astrea snail. 

Would any turbo snail do? How many astrea snails and turbos?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Seea said:

Would any turbo snail do? How many astrea snails and turbos?

08564278-618A-4DC5-99F2-226929791B7B.thumb.jpeg.8620d38b0650bad52f65a0297034d41f.jpeg

I get this kind: 

5F5303F7-0ED5-4DA9-877D-AA8E955EB5B9.thumb.jpeg.c0efe370f446ed0a40ad087282317475.jpeg

Hard to say how many, you don’t want to get too many and have them starve, but at the same time given the covid19 situation it may not be easy to get to your LFS to get more... I’d probably get 1-2 of each type personally... maybe others will chime in. And then I always get tons of tiny ceriths and nerites from reef cleaners. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
Chadicus Meridius
1 hour ago, banasophia said:

08564278-618A-4DC5-99F2-226929791B7B.thumb.jpeg.8620d38b0650bad52f65a0297034d41f.jpeg

I get this kind: 

5F5303F7-0ED5-4DA9-877D-AA8E955EB5B9.thumb.jpeg.c0efe370f446ed0a40ad087282317475.jpeg

Hard to say how many, you don’t want to get too many and have them starve, but at the same time given the covid19 situation it may not be easy to get to your LFS to get more... I’d probably get 1-2 of each type personally... maybe others will chime in. And then I always get tons of tiny ceriths and nerites from reef cleaners. 

I might be going out idk.

Turbo is a pretty good movie from what I can recall.

otherwise I’m placing my last order on amazon for a while in a few hours

image.thumb.jpeg.fdadd7260fdcac2a6aba46835405c644.jpeg
I also get to remove my filter sock finally I’m hyped. I know it’s been too long I got no excuse, but it will be out soon I hope.

Oh man I never test magnesium... I’ve only tested it like twice ever in my Biocube 16! 😬😬😬 I think I am a bad but lucky reefer... knock on wood.

I use this filter floss, and I use chemipure elite and purigen... I’m sure the stuff you’re getting will work fine too. 
Aquarium Filter Pad - Premium True Dual Density Aquarium Filter Media Roll for Crystal Clear Water https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHIOM8A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_IMIMEbQ4A67M5

I need to watch that movie again.. 

• Like 1
Chadicus Meridius
22 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Oh man I never test magnesium... I’ve only tested it like twice ever in my Biocube 16! 😬😬😬 I think I am a bad but lucky reefer... knock on wood.

I use this filter floss, and I use chemipure elite and purigen... I’m sure the stuff you’re getting will work fine too. 
Aquarium Filter Pad - Premium True Dual Density Aquarium Filter Media Roll for Crystal Clear Water https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHIOM8A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_IMIMEbQ4A67M5

I need to watch that movie again.. 

I feel like I’d like to know how my reef parameters are just to know what’s going on  in my tank if I see a problem more tests to help me identify it. And thank you. 🙂 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Seea said:

I feel like I’d like to know how my reef parameters are just to know what’s going on  in my tank if I see a problem more tests to help me identify it. And thank you. 🙂 

Yeah definitely better to test... I’m seriously just super lazy... will probably fail keeping SPS. 😬

Chadicus Meridius
5 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Yeah definitely better to test... I’m seriously just super lazy... will probably fail keeping SPS. 😬

Yikes. I think you could grow SPS because you spawned gobies in a five gallon.

Chadicus Meridius
1 minute ago, banasophia said:

Missed the conversation about the pokey thing... what is it for?

I was gonna add a “pokey thing” to my amazon cart because I didn’t have free shipping so asked the chat what they would recommend and they all voted for pokey thing. So now I’ll make it out of something.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Seea said:

I was gonna add a “pokey thing” to my amazon cart because I didn’t have free shipping so asked the chat what they would recommend and they all voted for pokey thing. So now I’ll make it out of something.

Ah gotcha... well if you’re ever looking for reefing stuff to add to your amazon order, the first post in my Biocube 16 thread has a list of stuff I like, most with amazon links... not sure if the links are all still active since I haven’t checked them for a while. What state do you live in, btw? 

• Like 1
Chadicus Meridius
2 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Ah gotcha... well if you’re ever looking for reefing stuff to add to your amazon order, the first post in my Biocube 16 thread has a list of stuff I like, most with amazon links... not sure if the links are all still active since I haven’t checked them for a while. What state do you live in, btw? 

Ok. State: can’t say gotta be internet safe sorry.

1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

^ that reply is clear as mud. Still no idea what the pokey thing is. Sounds sexy!

It’s not I swear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A pokey stick. Stirring sandbed, investigating critters without your fingers ending up getting bristles in them or stung by a conch/dove Snail. It was also late and I had indulged so wasn't the most descriptive. I did post a monthly python skit too I think? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Essential tool for reefing. Cuts down in hands in the tank. Main tank this means getting bite by my clowns less. But now with the pico and so little space it is used more than ever. It is 10” I wish I had one even longer. 

• Like 1
Chadicus Meridius
3 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Essential tool for reefing. Cuts down in hands in the tank. Main tank this means getting bite by my clowns less. But now with the pico and so little space it is used more than ever. It is 10” I wish I had one even longer. 

Yes it is very nice tool indeed.

• Like 1
Chadicus Meridius

Mixing saltwater. Just flexing my heaters. Got no wave pump to push water so I’m manually stirring it . It’s in my DT the wave pump.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6ff3ffbbd040c7dc8de5e7623a8dd0d.jpeg

• Like 2