Coral Vue Hydros

365 Day Challenge: First Coral- Pulsing Xenia

Chadicus Meridius

4 minutes ago, Seea said:

The salt doesn’t say the dk, weird I think, I’ll test the next batch I make. And I’ll retest my tank soon.

Here’s a table I found in a search posted in another forum:

F4BC69F1-4795-478B-B56B-0ECF3339983E.jpeg.d4bbb9648995575520696ed851cbc51e.jpeg

Chadicus Meridius
4 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Here’s a table I found in a search posted in another forum:

F4BC69F1-4795-478B-B56B-0ECF3339983E.jpeg.d4bbb9648995575520696ed851cbc51e.jpeg

Wow... that’s a lot higher than I’m getting . I might aswell just get a different alkalinity test kit.  It’s probably whack.

thank you.

• Like 1

That's a great chart. Results vary with temp. and SG. Check on the salt package I think it shows at 77 degrees and different SG + different results For CA and Mag but not Alk. I saw a video at that temp but I forget what the SG was. The results ALK 10.9

• Like 2
Chadicus Meridius

Do you guys know if seachem pristine works in saltwater and is reef/fish/snail safe. I used it in a planted tank and it removed sludge.?

Chadicus Meridius

this Friday I will be picking up 2 clownfish my LFS has got some in stock so I will be picking them up Friday. A pair of 1 percula, and 1 occelaris. A pair of perculas. A pari of occelaris. I’m probably gonna go for one of each because . The more aggressive Percula might pair with the occelaris quicker because the percula is more aggressive . If this is a bad idea can you tell me?

On 4/24/2020 at 12:13 PM, Seea said:

Do you guys know if seachem pristine works in saltwater and is reef/fish/snail safe. I used it in a planted tank and it removed sludge.?

I wish I knew but I have never used it. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Seea said:

this Friday I will be picking up 2 clownfish my LFS has got some in stock so I will be picking them up Friday. A pair of 1 percula, and 1 occelaris. A pair of perculas. A pari of occelaris. I’m probably gonna go for one of each because . The more aggressive Percula might pair with the occelaris quicker because the percula is more aggressive . If this is a bad idea can you tell me?

I don't think mixing clown species is a good idea, unless you have a huge tank with very obviously separate territories for the fish

• Like 2
Chadicus Meridius
4 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I don't think mixing clown species is a good idea, unless you have a huge tank with very obviously separate territories for the fish

Ok . Which species should I go with? I want to go with percula because there semi-aggressive and will be able to stand there ground with the azure damselfish who is also listed as semi-aggressive on live Aquarias website.

thanks

Chadicus Meridius
8 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Probably lean towards tank bred ocelarris myself.

Ok I’ll see if my LFS has those in stock Friday.

I have a snowflake ocellaris pair with my azure damsel, they don’t seem to have any issues at all. (Though my damsel was added last.)

I think the most important thing is that you want your clownfish pair to get along with each other. 

• Like 2
Chadicus Meridius
On 4/26/2020 at 12:29 PM, banasophia said:

I have a snowflake ocellaris pair with my azure damsel, they don’t seem to have any issues at all. (Though my damsel was added last.)

I think the most important thing is that you want your clownfish pair to get along with each other. 

Sorry I just saw this, I agree I wanted to add damsel last, but my tank was new and I did not want to add 2 fish at once , so I went with the damsel , but my two clowns will be going in Friday. 

Is there anyway to make the clowns get along better. That’s the only thing I’m scared of when adding the clownfish and the damsel being a jerk.

Chadicus Meridius

FTS:visit page one to see full update. 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.8d24ae7cdf25d1894b13d42461e1e4a4.jpeg

All the 3 livestock are visible in the tank

I will definitely pick up 1-2 more snail tomorrow at the LFS 

1-nassarius is they have them

1-asteria 

aswell as the clowns

front view of the peninsula:

image.thumb.jpeg.e90b1a4dd14cda22b5763b76dee889f2.jpeg

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Seea said:

Sorry I just saw this, I agree I wanted to add damsel last, but my tank was new and I did not want to add 2 fish at once , so I went with the damsel , but my two clowns will be going in Friday. 

Is there anyway to make the clowns get along better. That’s the only thing I’m scared of when adding the clownfish and the damsel being a jerk.

I’d get two small ocellaris clownfish of the same type to increase the chance they will get along. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Chadicus Meridius

Just did a mini 10% water change to prepare for the new fish today, 

big test day tomorrow results will be in tomorrow 

• Like 1
Chadicus Meridius

I was looking around my tank and noticed one of my snails has coralline algae on it I don’t have a good picture atm, but if you look hard enough at this picture you can see it.

image.thumb.jpeg.29dd2fc2c2572a72d87fb95aeb6cfcf3.jpeg

like zoom in on the back on if the snail

• Like 2
Chadicus Meridius

Bad news: the damsel is being an a hole to the clowns

good news: I might be able to return the damsel to the store today, also it seems the damsel has caused the clowns to try and pair because one keeps doing the weird jerking motion

• Like 2
Chadicus Meridius
5 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Damage to fins for me, can you catch the damsel and put it in a isolation/breeder box

I can try , he is quick. I’m thinking of picking up a coral so they can host, like a pulsing Xenia, or a hammer

edit: it looks like the aggression has calmed down a lot.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Seea said:

I can try , he is quick. I’m thinking of picking up a coral so they can host, like a pulsing Xenia, or a hammer

edit: it looks like the aggression has calmed down a lot.

Keep an eye on it especially during feeding

• Like 2
Chadicus Meridius
On 5/2/2020 at 5:52 PM, Ratvan said:

Keep an eye on it especially during feeding

Feeding there was no aggression today 🙂 

• Like 2