Jump to content
Seea

365 Day Challenge: First Coral- Pulsing Xenia

Recommended Posts

Seea

Results of General cure and Seachem Focus: 

 

Updates to come 

 

First of all I’m trying to make my fish color up better and no white poop.


 

Medications

image.thumb.jpeg.252fa425575547cc560a212b68f80b3d.jpeg

 

image.thumb.jpeg.d947304e47370776510f2848a6d1ee4b.jpeg
 

Prep) @Humblefish has helped me a lot so thanks to them🐥 I should be able to help my clown 🤡 really well.

Day 1, 5/28/20)

Mixing the Mysis shrimp with General cure and Focus

 

feeding I would say is successful because all the fish ate a few pieces of frozen mysis. I will post a picture of the clowns color before and for 1-2 weeks I will post be picture of her to show the progression 

 

 

 

Day 2)

image.thumb.jpeg.f6421c381cf8d6aca597ac8a1713774a.jpeg

Seems it is hard to tell the difference in picture but I’m just going to monitor his poop and see if it’s white and stringy for the next 2 weeks

Day 3) missed the picture but not much changed

 

day 4)

 

 

 

day 10) no white poop. Brown poop now .

image.thumb.jpeg.da74e287102529488a40e9a8f9f9d4d8.jpeg

 

No white poop in 4 days

 

Day 5)

 

day 6)

 

day 7) second time feeding medicinal food

 

updates to come

image.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Good luck I hope it works for you, well for the fish

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

FTS up on the first page.

 

doing some testing 

 

Salinity 1.025

ATO Coming tomorrow 

 

Phosphates: 0.25

nitrates: 1-2ppm

pH: 8.2

Alk: 8.6

Calcium: 470

Magnesium:  1470-1460

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

Big update:

 

image.thumb.jpeg.327aac55d21ea3d5ce5dc7b4becee07f.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

Testing:

 

Alk: 8.45

phosphate: .25

nitrate:1-2 ppm

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

Update: I picked up my first coral 4 days ago it has settled in well and it’s actually already started to grow which is cool 😎. It was really annoying because I glued him down with epoxy and he was up for two days then he fell. I have to wait 24 more hours before I can turn Skimmer back on because it goes crazy 😜. But it’s in a better spot now.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.61c4cdcbaa3ea60289c88e541854961b.jpegoriginal spot .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Gaze
8 hours ago, Seea said:

Update: I picked up my first coral 4 days ago it has settled in well and it’s actually already started to grow which is cool 😎. It was really annoying because I glued him down with epoxy and he was up for two days then he fell. I have to wait 24 more hours before I can turn Skimmer back on because it goes crazy 😜. But it’s in a better spot now.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.61c4cdcbaa3ea60289c88e541854961b.jpegoriginal spot .

Is it on its own rock! I would love some pulsating xenia but I dont really have a spot for them to flourish without taking over the entire rock XD I do have some firework cloves in the tank but they don't dance 😧

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
andrewjardin

Your tank is looking great so far!  Following along to see how everything goes.. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
1 hour ago, Gaze said:

Is it on its own rock! I would love some pulsating xenia but I dont really have a spot for them to flourish without taking over the entire rock XD I do have some firework cloves in the tank but they don't dance 😧

Yes it’s got an entire island to itself. That stinks the flow is nice.

33 minutes ago, andrewjardin said:

Your tank is looking great so far!  Following along to see how everything goes.. 😁

Thank you 🙏

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

Test:

phosphate: 0.25 ppm

alkalinity:8.6

Nitrate: 1-2 ppm probably higher my test kit is not the most accurate 

Calcium: 465

magnesium:1460

update: huge diatom bloom and algae bloom.

 

how often should you clean a power head?

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

So... I don’t know how to put this, but my first coral was a complete utter failure. It didn’t make it. A learning experience for this is that I don’t think my tank was ready for coral 

 

This has been a low month 2 snails and a coral died , but this is a stepping stone. I’d consider it a minor tank crash because my fish are doing very good.

 

I am going to do a big test as of right now and probably give it another week before I try a different coral or even longer. Wednesday I am picking up a better nitrate test kit. 
 

The tank is going through a big algae bloom . Green algae all over one rock and sand aswell as diatoms. 

Any advice or questions or criticism will be appreciated 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

Alkalinity: 9.3

phosohate:0.1

ph:8.2

nitrate:1-2 ppm

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Aqua Splendor
36 minutes ago, Seea said:

So... I don’t know how to put this, but my first coral was a complete utter failure. It didn’t make it. A learning experience for this is that I don’t think my tank was ready for coral 

 

This has been a low month 2 snails and a coral died , but this is a stepping stone. I’d consider it a minor tank crash because my fish are doing very good.

 

I am going to do a big test as of right now and probably give it another week before I try a different coral or even longer. Wednesday I am picking up a better nitrate test kit. 
 

The tank is going through a big algae bloom . Green algae all over one rock and sand aswell as diatoms. 

Any advice or questions or criticism will be appreciated 

 

It does happen with every tank, don't worry too much 😉
Bacteria will probably the best help for that, the tank need more maturity I believe.

You can run your tank with just blue if you want for a certain period to prevent a little the algae bloom.

Another thing, feed only what fish can eat, like in less then 1 min.

And don't feed coral for now if they are mainly photosynthetic

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

June final tank shot Ik I missed it but here it is

image.thumb.jpeg.36e66af89508c147aa6440fa997e8102.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...