Jump to content
Seea

365 Day Challenge: First Coral- Pulsing Xenia

Recommended Posts

Seea

This is my first ever reef tank :

 

Tank: innovative marine peninsula 20

heater:TBD

wavemaker: hydor nano koralia 500 gallon

light: current USA orbit marine


this is pretty much it for now.

 

got a friend in the hobby that is going to give RODI water

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

MONTHLY UPDATE PICTURES:
image.thumb.jpeg.71c20c89ba0df5119d391f2e7eef6cd4.jpeg  official  entry

 

TANK as of 3/30/20: cycling almost complete

 

go to page 2 or 3 for results of biospira

 

image.thumb.jpeg.a3f110ce3efbf00ec2e3f06506eccf27.jpeg

FTS: April

Tank As of 4/30/20

 

Livestock

  •  One azure damselfish 
  • not in April, but two occelaris clownfish 5/1/20
  • 1 Asteria snail
  • 1 Mexican Turbo Snail

 

FTS picture:

image.thumb.jpeg.9b95490ec8f2adaf31cd3f3afddde949.jpeg

Taking things real slow so updates are not that big, however by the end of May it will be a big update (first coral)

 

 

FTS 5/29/20 -May Coral/s coming tomorrow just don’t want to accidentally miss the FTS

image.thumb.jpeg.875f86f32f498d9ca00c91675869ab2c.jpeg


 

June FTS 


image.thumb.jpeg.bd137e0286eaa84b28f132b552f3487f.jpeg
 

not a lot of change sorry bad things happened


Livestock: 

  • Azure Damselfish (still possibly removing)
  • 2 percula clowns
  • 1 Turbo snail 
  • 1 Asteria snail
  • 1 nassarius Snail

 

Future livestock:

  • 2-3 more snails
  • 1 emerald crab
  • 1 cleaner shrimp
  • 1 sexy shrimp with RFA pair(can’t afford
  • pulsing Xenia
  • hammer coral
  • plate coral
  • gorgonian
  • candycane coral
  • kenya tree coral

 

future fish if I remove damsel:

  • yellow clown goby and a royal gamma
  • neon goby and a bangaii cardinal fish 
  • yellow clown goby and tailspot blenny

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Excellent choice for your first tank.  Good luck!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
4 minutes ago, seabass said:

Excellent tank choice for your first tank.  Good luck!

Thank you

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Nice tank. Good luck with it and the contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
20 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Nice tank. Good luck with it and the contest.

Thanks, you too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Elizabeth94

Looks like you will need a refill on that Ranch soon! 
 

Nice tank and welcome to the hobby! 

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Unfortunately I didn't decide (have money) until 2 days ago. Today I ordered a tank and amazon was out of stock. Probably will not have it for a week. So I will start a journal and try to keeping it going for a year. I guess along with a couple others I will be a sort of unofficial not really contestant! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
31 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Unfortunately I didn't decide (have money) until 2 days ago. Today I ordered a tank and amazon was out of stock. Probably will not have it for a week. So I will start a journal and try to keeping it going for a year. I guess along with a couple others I will be a sort of unofficial not really contestant! 

Ohh. That stinks I will definitely keep up with your tank.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
43 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Looks like you will need a refill on that Ranch soon! 
 

Nice tank and welcome to the hobby! 

Definitely need a refill.

 

yea it’s a pretty cool tank. Ideas are stirring for the aquascape. Thinking a mixture between live and dry. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

image.thumb.png.be0548acd5974b33df87b877a536ebb2.png

 

image.thumb.png.fd22be03c106746700d85e8fb28e0a6c.png
 

image.thumb.png.e3bf7489fc0930012bc38b7cba537145.png

 

image.thumb.png.6fc37a6d2ed130c1b5091bf895a752bf.png
 

just ordered everything to get started. I am probably going to ask for help cycling. I have a freshwater test kit. I have heard it works with saltwater, I Just have to look for the saltwater readings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty

Very nice looking forward to this build

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

Should I get an ato first or a skimmer?

 

im debating.

 

i will be manually topping it off for a while

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

I would probably do ATO first. I never had one until a couple years ago. I love that every time I test the SG it is 1.025. Not that I do not understand the joy in emptying a filthy cup. But the tank is brand new so unless you think the rock is dirty there isn't much organics to pull out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

I would probably do ATO first. I never had one until a couple years ago. I love that every time I test the SG it is 1.025. Not that I do not understand the joy in emptying a filthy cup. But the tank is brand new so unless you think the rock is dirty there isn't much organics to pull out.

Okey dokey. Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

I have a AutoAqua smart ATO micro. Just wanted to let you know I know at least one person did not like the blue LED sensor. They thought it was too bright. It is bright but my tank is in the living room so I think of it as a night light. It might bother you if your tank is in the bedroom. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
26 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I have a AutoAqua smart ATO micro. Just wanted to let you know I know at least one person did not like the blue LED sensor. They thought it was too bright. It is bright but my tank is in the living room so I think of it as a night light. It might bother you if your tank is in the bedroom. 

I don’t plan on having it in my bedroom maybe as a last resort.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

I guess we play the waiting game now for everything to show up. 
 

water and rock should be in by this weekend. 
 

stand should be decided by Friday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

I have the opportunity to get rock and sand today. I’m debating if I should or should not because I won’t be able to get water in until next week because my salt is arriving next week. It would be cool to mess around with aquascaping.

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

As long as it's not live rock get it and play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
23 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

As long as it's not live rock get it and play.

I am getting the rock today yay

Share this post


Link to post
Seea

image.thumb.jpeg.d4b380397d85a1e338d415483bd1c02f.jpeg
attempt 1

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
naothan
On 2/29/2020 at 2:03 PM, Seea said:

image.thumb.png.be0548acd5974b33df87b877a536ebb2.png

 

image.thumb.png.fd22be03c106746700d85e8fb28e0a6c.png
 

image.thumb.png.e3bf7489fc0930012bc38b7cba537145.png

 

image.thumb.png.6fc37a6d2ed130c1b5091bf895a752bf.png
 

just ordered everything to get started. I am probably going to ask for help cycling. I have a freshwater test kit. I have heard it works with saltwater, I Just have to look for the saltwater readings.

what light is this ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Seea
10 minutes ago, naothan said:

what light is this ?

 

Current USA marine orbit led light. 24-36inch 

 

image.thumb.jpeg.53b3e072b112229d3fbf451e1dc18f82.jpegimage.thumb.png.957615a4f8f4ea325a4f0babd15ac409.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

What do you think about the rock? Is that the view you will be seeing the tank from? When is the salt due to arrive? Oh did you find a heater?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...