ReefCleaners.org

devaji108

NoOneLikesADryTang
10 hours ago, devaji108 said:

I got a gift box of corals from @NoOneLikesADryTang and his lady. 6 zoas and a nice RFA!! 

pics to come!

I am excited as I have very little experience with Zoas and the RFA is amazing. 

Glad it made it to you safely. Look forward to seeing pics with them in your tank! 

• Like 2
devaji108
10 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Glad it made it to you safely. Look forward to seeing pics with them in your tank! 

everything is doing great. took a day or so for the Zoas to open up but most are now and the RFA is a happy little fellow.

I,ll get some pics tonight after dinner. 

thanks again!!!

pics coming guys  just bare with me. been very busy trying to push the Reno along so we can move. I am so looking forward to getting some moving life in this little tank.

the Zoas are being Zoes most are open some more than other but that is Zoas for you. I am not sure how ppl do it they huge gardens of them and all open and happy?

on course the RFA is bright  happy & beautiful! I think it's might be a two face! this little guy is going to be fun to watch grow up. 

I do have one RFA that moved under a rock and is turning white not sure why it just dont move back in the light??  sucks as I dont want to loose it. 

• Like 2

That’s so frustrating when they move under things. Hopefully it moves back into the light. If its tentacles look full/long right now, it would take a few weeks for it to deteriorate to the point of death. So don’t worry yet. 

I’ve had a few turn white while all the others were fine. Probably due to stress of some kind (and not necessarily a lighting issue). Feed it well and it should be ok and regain color over several weeks. 

Looking forward to the pics! 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys I have been SO busy with the new house reno!  been trying to work on it at least 6 days a week. but getting there we set a move in date in August so trying real hard to make it happen it's been a long year and way more $$ when we ever thought. but it looking great!    

here are some pic of the corals I got from @NoOneLikesADryTang and his lady! they we So kind to send out this care pkg. 

Beautiful RFA! LOVE IT 😄

20200520_195809-01-jpeg.1595170

a few Zoa pics!

20200520_195849-01-jpeg.1595171

my little Zoa garden!

20200520_195938-01-jpeg.1595172

MID May FTS!

20200521_213651-01-jpeg.1595173

• Like 2

Sorry for the quality just a qiuck Cell phone photos. I so need to get out my real camera and take some proper reefing photos....one day. 

• Like 1
debbeach13

Glad things are going well with the renovations. They always seem to take a bit longer than you think they will. Taking stuff apart is easy. Putting it back together a little tougher. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Glad things are going well with the renovations. They always seem to take a bit longer than you think they will. Taking stuff apart is easy. Putting it back together a little tougher. 

yes that is so true. it ended up being a complete gut only thing we kept was the out side wall the roof and the foundation. everything else is new. lots of learning going on. what a journey. cant wait to move in so I can add livestock to this little nano and more RFAs!   

• Like 1
NoOneLikesADryTang

Looking good! Zoas can be so grumpy sometimes and not want to fully open. Looks like that RFA settled right in! Can’t wait to see this tank in your new home! 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I was chilling on the couch before work this afternoon....and enjoyed this view:

that is the 2 faced RFA that @NoOneLikesADryTang and the tank keeper gifted me! love that it has stayed in the spot I placed it. but can onle really get a good view from one side of the tank.

20200621_115935-01-jpeg.1639057

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

well its July. not much to report tank is going good the nems are happy the LPS so so and the Zoas well there Zoas. no other life in the tank still as we are pushing for a move in date on the new house by end of Aug.

its taking forever...sigh but soon

I'll post some pics of all the work we have done. b/c threads suck with out photo right. haha

i will also get my july FTS up I have water mixing for a WC so maybe tomorrow I can get a FTS or video! 

• Like 2

sorry guys I have not been on here every day. lots happening here we are in the final push for a 1.5 year long full house reno + work and some tiny bit of a social life. 

but this little tank is a champ just cursing along. I think I may be losing my torch booo I know the frog spawn never fully opened ever not 100% dead but not alive either.

but the focus of the tank the RFA are doing great. we are excited to move and get our life back. and I am very excited to get more life in this tank.

i'll post a bunch of pics of all the work that as been done to the house here soon . its quite a transformation!   

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

well i did indeed loose the torch its 85% gone not sure what happened same with that frog spawn that never opened from the vendor.

RFA are doing great some have moved most have stayed.  the tank is pretty much on auto pilot I ghost feed it once a month or so. dose some viberent  from time to time and a drop of sponge power. and do wc once a month as there no fish or CUC I feel that it's fine.

the house it coming along ,stating flooring and finish work. we hope to start moving in by sept 1st. then I can get some CUC and more RFA in the tank! woot woot

but one think at a time. gotta take it step by step.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

well not sure I am part of the contest or not but life had be stupid  busy. but lets  catch you all up.

so a little before contest start the GF and I  bought a 'fixer upper' for an investment prop.   soon after the land lord of the place we where renting in the next town over was not sure what he was going to be with the place so after a few months of reno work we decided to make that out home.

this is what we started off with:

warning lots of grossness lol

IMG_3081.JPG

IMG_3087.JPG

IMG_3082.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3017.JPG

IMG_3013.JPEG

it all stared with trying to level a 4" slope in the floor by lifting the floor joist with 8 bottle nose jacks....but that did not work so we went with place B 

come at if from the top.

3-4 layers of gross flooring this is what we have:

IMG_3491.JPEG

58423107575__2773815F-8310-47C3-9597-A8D3F6382DB6.JPG

• Wow 1

the journey continues....

so after weeks and weeks of back breaking work on the floor we gave up and this happened:

IMG_0178.jpg

here you can see the soon to be fish room in the basement
IMG_0224.jpg

• Wow 2
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

WoW. That is a lot of work. You both deserve credit for hanging in there. It will be worth it in the end.

thanks its been quite the journey. all just to have a nice spot of the nano...lol  

more to come!

we then had to replace the floor joist the ones that where there where so crocked it was crazy then came the new sub floor and demo the back 2 bedroom and a bathroom.
img_0190-jpg.1744981

img_0218-jpg.1744985

not gonna lie it was satisfying to take a sludge hammer to the old crappy house. 

img_0223-jpg.1744983

SUb floor is going in so we can take out the ceiling

img_0227-1-jpg.1746054

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 9:12 PM, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Dang bro!! That’s turned in to quite the project. No wonder we haven’t see you around much lately. 

yeah been doing this and working a full time job too. plus dealing with 2020

but the show must go on....

• Like 2

dry wall time...this took us a lot longer than we thought or it should have a month + but we wanted smooth not level 5 smooth but "ant no orange peel going in my house" said the GF

20200320_173616.thumb.jpg.faf282098f46edc475acb2ef75c7ed2a.jpg

img_0851-jpg.1811169

img_0849-jpg.1811170

• Like 2