Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

devaji108

exciting news!

@GtownSalty gifted me a seat =raffle for some RFA from savage reefs I have been checking  them out in her tank and well as his FB and website. how generous is that. looks like there are 10 slots I am #3 so a 1 in 10 chance  pretty good odds!

wish me luck.

this is crazy generous as I have been out of work for 15 days with at least another 30 to come. and then I have a feeling it's gonna be a slow start not to sure how the population  gonna feel about getting massages in the aftermath of covid-19...

I am blown  away  by this kindness.  let'a get some more RFA in the tank!

• Like 5
10 hours ago, devaji108 said:

not to sure how the population  gonna feel about getting massages in the aftermath of covid-19...

I'm gonna need a haircut and a massage after all this!   

Good luck in the raffle.  So nice of you @GtownSalty!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

I'm gonna need a haircut and a massage after all this!   

Good luck in the raffle.  So nice of you @GtownSalty!

I think we all are gonna need a massage or 10 after all this.

thank you! I feel very blessed 😄

not much to report. still dont have the corals i won at the auction but I hear there doing another one this weekend so I told them I would wait to combine the order.

tank is looking good tonight. gotta say I really do love this little tank!

that said.................................................................................................................

I have been thinking that last cpl days.................. pause for effect ................

about  the new home and the unfinished basement and a monster tank for a butterfly angle and tang FOWLR something in the 200-1000gal range.  

been doing a lot of research on plywood aquariums. I think a 720 8x4x3 would suit my needs.

maybe all this time alone in QT  is getting to me.   lol 

• Haha 1

So I did not win any auctions from this week not so LFS at 2.5 hr each way. I only wanted one coral a indo torch. I really thought I had it but last sec. I got out bid. really suck trying to win when your internet is only 5MB and FB does not load...I'll admit I was I little pissed last night. then I got over it.

just got attached to the idea that I won it...BOO 

anyway some time this week i'll drive down and get the stuff i won a while back and pick up 2 nice red rhod. from a fellow reefer. maybe some Zoas from another gotta make it worth my time.        

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Sweet man! I can't wait to see pictures of them. 

yeah I am excited to, was hopping to win some more to make the trip more worth while but we will see what happens.

i'll do a nice FTS once there in.

gotta say I am really loving this tank!

got some more life in the tank! drove dowe the the closet LFS 2.5 hrs each way to pick up my corals that I won from the last auction, and stopped by a reefers home to get  some shroms.

here is what I got:

4" red Lobo with bright green center

1 head frog spawn  

1 head green hammer

tiny 1 head  indo "gold" torch IDK about the whole gold but there is some yellow on the tips. 

2X red rhodactis shrooms supper nice color on these. 

I get some pics once things settle in but so far it's looking good!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Look forward to seeing the pics! 

It’s wild what people call “gold” torches these days. 

yeah right! anything that in is ppl try to name everything that. oh well...it's still a nice coral with tons of potential. I was never expecting a bright yellow/gold torch for the price i paid anyway.  

i think it will grow up to be a great looking torch!

• Like 5

some pics from last night about 5ish hours of being in the tank;

Lobo

20200416_203453-jpg.1528016

tiny indo "gold" torch. you can see the RFA in the back ground for size reference.

20200416_203553-jpg.1528017

green hammer:

20200416_203602-jpg.1528020

red with blue rhodactis

20200416_203633-jpg.1528023

frog spawn. for some reason it's not opening up. still not open this am. lights have yet to come on tho but i'll give it another day.

20200416_203524-jpg.1528018 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I think that torch my have a lot of potential! 

I agree that is a really bad pic of it but it does have some golden/yellow hue to it. nothing like the aussie 24K or what not but still a very nice coral. I am already quite fond of it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Love that Frogspawn, want to add some of the same to my tank soon

I just hope it will open up. been around 24 hours in the tank. still retracted. hope it decided to come out and play like the rest of the corals.    

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

I just hope it will open up. been around 24 hours in the tank. still retracted. hope it decided to come out and play like the rest of the corals.    

Looks okay to me, just give it some more time before a shuffle

today's update.

I have a opportunity to get a rose BTA for free! however i dont think it's a good choice for this little tank. even tho it's a invert domt tank. I think it will walking over the RFA and sting them and just be a PITA....

what's everyone thoughts?    

• Like 1
NoOneLikesADryTang

I like BTA, but they can wander, and their sting can be brutal. I think it’d probably be ok with the rock flowers, but not so much with the other stuff in your tank. We’ve got 4 currently in our 80 gallon, but they’re all on the far left side without much else around them. 

I guess it comes down to how big of a risk taker are you? 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I like BTA, but they can wander, and their sting can be brutal. I think it’d probably be ok with the rock flowers, but not so much with the other stuff in your tank. We’ve got 4 currently in our 80 gallon, but they’re all on the far left side without much else around them. 

I guess it comes down to how big of a risk taker are you? 

yeah I was thinking the same. I guess I better not take the chance in such a small tank. 

• Like 1
devaji108
On 4/27/2020 at 4:13 AM, Ratvan said:

how is the hammer looking now?

not much change for the frogspown. the hammer has and is doing great.    the LFS I got the frogspawn  from said others where having problems with that batch of forgspown  too. 😞

he said he would hook me up not sure what that really means tho. hopefully a new one?

May FTS coming soon!

• Like 3