Hasted

29g - First Tank Build - Starting at Zero

DreC80
37 minutes ago, Hasted said:

I haven't and that's one of my top choices! I have heard some bad stories about chopped fish, so I would have to get a cover for it. Thanks for the suggestion! I feed on others experiences.

I could see how fish could possibly get sucked in from the backside of the pump...but it would have to be smaller fish in my opinion.  I haven't experienced this...and hope I never do.  

Hasted

Is this looking like a Feather Duster hitchhiker? Left side off Lord.

20200524_172057.thumb.jpg.92d6b458a81646c5cd62ea459bdb311a.jpg

Hasted

20200526_172505.thumb.jpg.9c0d15688f7a780373b521f2db313e1e.jpg

Today is one week with the new corals. Everything other than the Splatter Spongodes Montipora seem to be settling in. The SSMonti has a bleached tip still and only one green side. Other half is black. Moved it last night to more flow and more light to see if it colors up. 

20200526_172543.thumb.jpg.204367e2aa9218fae6fa0fb1bf830674.jpg

I am also doing tests of the big 3 every other day just so I get a better idea of what my tank is consuming. It isn't much it seems, but at least I know. Slow and steady is what I am aiming for. 

Going to slowly chop the pegs of some of these frags and give them a more permanent home. These racks aren't appealing and traps detritus the snails can't get to.

Thanks as always for stopping by! Nothing too crazy to report. 

• Like 1