Top Shelf Aquatics

Last minute entry- Gourami Swami's 6g 365 Day Challenge Reef

Gourami Swami

Gourami Swami

Well, I was not going to enter this contest, as I have a new 40 gallon AIO reef I started a month ago (which is doing great, just haven't posted it yet)

But I was looking through a box of aquarium parts and realized I still have an AIO insert that I got with a Petco bowfront set I tore down a while ago. I also realized I had a dry 6 gallon tank, and turns out the AIO fits 100% perfectly in the tank. Figured what the hell, I have everything I need, might as well join the contest. I'm getting a late start here I realize, but I am pretty excited that I found everything I need equipment wise in my aquarium box, and just a few days before the cut-off.

Here's what I've got so far...

The tank: Aquatop 6g Rimless Low-Iron Bookshelf

Light: Current USA Orbit Marine 18".  Had this in my last 14.26 gallon build (contents of which are now in 40g)

Filter: AIO Insert from Imagitarium 6.6g bowfront kit

Pump: Stock Pump from Imagitarium kit

Powerhead: Jebao OW10. Currently in my 40g, need to upgrade and then will move it over to this tank.

Heater: Hygger 50 watt controllable titanium heater

Have some cool ideas for a theme and aquascape as well, using only dead coral collected by a friend from the beach in the Dominican Republic. So this tank will be costing me very little, if anything at all! 

Here are my entry pics, dry setup

challenge1.thumb.jpg.62ecf218740c45e7a628b482e24abb49.jpg

Chall2.thumb.jpg.1e31f60062164ab0610c28f58e72bf07.jpg

chall3.thumb.jpg.97962e74c23f9a8f442d262a17a5d30a.jpg

• Like 7

swamiji 

glad you found all this in the fish box....I knew there is a reason why we keep fish stuff around. never know when you will need it.

I think this is going to be a good looking tank!

just be careful and read the laws if your friends are on vacation and coming home with a suitcase full of dead corals would hate for them to get fined or worse.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, devaji108 said:

swamiji 

glad you found all this in the fish box....I knew there is a reason why we keep fish stuff around. never know when you will need it.

I think this is going to be a good looking tank!

just be careful and read the laws if your friends are on vacation and coming home with a suitcase full of dead corals would hate for them to get fined or worse.

Gave me a damn heart attack when i saw your thread title, somehow thought i'd missed the end of February

Nice spares tank though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...