Coral Vue Hydros

༺ ᴀq͎ᴜᴀ ꜱᴘʟᴇɴᴅᴏʀ - ɴᴀɴᴏ ʀᴇᴇꜰ ༻

Aqua Splendor

Great video! I don't like mixing metal with salt water so I would stay away from the all medal lid but the glass one looks pretty clean but up to you. Also I need to get some of those sexy shrimp.  

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 20

Different kind of episode, I think?
It is very unfortunate to make this kind of video but I stick being 100% transparent and i hope you enjoy this editing 🙂

I expect to have another round of death at some point in a couple of weeks or months, probably towards corals, I will start to increase the challenge a little bit, it was doing a bit too well lately and I love new challenge 😉

I need to add more Corals and November will be interesting...

• Like 3

Ran into your stuff on YouTube before realizing you had a tank thread on here, keep up the good work I am going to have to watch the playlist from the beginning

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

Yeah this series started on nano-reef.com, I posted the link of my thread in the description of my videos, you never know what else I can share here also 😛

And ... probably shouldn't say this but if you look the first page, with the list... you might have some hint on what's coming :P. I used the LI$T to keep things organize, I often use it has a reminder for the name (I have a bad memory :P) but sshhh, secret 😛

It's also something I want to spread and help our community with @Christopher Marks, because I think it's an area we can develop more with this kind of competition, I believe in nano reef competition, I think we are only starting to scratch the surface and I would love to see creation that freshwater do with their aquascaping.
Their's many good reef creators but it's a little bit hidden for now, we just need to show what is possible.

Aqua Splendor

Episode 21

It's Halloween, perfect time to introduce MONSTER to this reef aquarium 😄
I didn't get enough time to film correctly but I think in the edit it turns out ok, hope you like the video 🙂

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 22

FLASH NEWS: I accidentally formatted my hard drive and lost a ton (8tb) of footage, currently scanning see if I can recover some files, I upload in advance so I can publish but I don't even have those video on my drive, so.. yeah... =/

Since the beginning I wanted to have easy SPS on this nano, I hope Butter will behave correctly!

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor
Episode 23

Adding 5 goniopora!
I've been waiting so long before adding them, took me a while to figure out where to place them, I was looking where the flow was going, see where the tentacle could touch other corals.

I still have a Gorgonian that get will get touch, so will monitor this see how it goes.
ps: Butter is annoying with SPS
  • Like 2
Aqua Splendor
1 hour ago, da1001 said:

I have been considering a Goni too but I am so worried about it 50/50 dying on me, I have horrible luck haha.  5 oughta give you decent chances, good luck!

My first gonio is the green one, I had one issue one time, but started to feed them more and it came back nicely.
I think it depend on the source where it is coming from, aqua culture from other tank are doing pretty well from what I see.

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 24

I finally added rock flower anemone in my tank, I kept them in a little glass pot in my frag tank for a while and I didn't took care of them correctly, I'm hoping they will come back nicely.
One of them (green) worry me since he got near my pink birdnest. Also Butter is annoying... hmmm...

Aqua Splendor

Episode 25

So, unfortunately, I had to do it... No more Butter, it's not good for our health, I waited too long. 

I think creatures being in such a small space inhibit the deep behavior they have.

I had one in my "big" aquarium but never been an issue, which is the reason why I took a chance initially.

Aqua Splendor

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Seems risky to place him in another tank tank with SPS. I hope the other fish and larger tank make a difference for you. Are you going to replace the lost SPS in the nano?

I like risk :P, so far he's "ok" not nipping that much compare to the nano, but I want to observe overtime see if the size alone makes the difference. 
Yeah I will replace them, with something else, because well... sexy shrimp aren't helping either, so I might have to go with the LPS/Soft along the road, because I can't transfer the sexy shrimp without being ate by other fish in other aquariums.

I have another episode coming up about the lost, it's not finish, I was too busy with work and editing to take care of my aquarium.

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

Evolution_5_November.thumb.jpg.27d3df4a2311d26408f80ec06b34cec0.jpg

My front pic for November (forgot to put it here), this was a dark period... things are changing a little bit have to take another route, for the best 😉

I don't particularly like my front shot like this, doesn't represent well the tank, but, gotta stick to it so we see the evolution.

Aqua Splendor

Episode 26

Sometimes you try your best, you plan ahead, but life can get in the way.
This is how I failed my reef aquarium, it's my fault.

The lack of time hurt me, but with this, I'm going to change this nano reef aquarium to suit better the living creature it contains.

I don't think I would put expensive SPS in a tank with leathers in it, myself

And tons of Rox carbon

I also wouldn't say that you failed the aquarium

Failed a couple birds nest corals, sure(who hasn't)

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

Yeah I knew I was taking a risk, I'm slightly more surprise by the verocity of the sexy shrimp, I though they would nipping less.  My issue with the back up is the space, I did my best to put them where there's no other corals that would kill them but... kinda hard, laking of space, I might transfer some coral from my lab tank to my nano. I see stuff I don't like in my lab tank and the nano would be a better choice for them... if was bigger lol
Yeah I run carbon in my tank because of different type of war.

I would love to make a more dominant SPS tank in the future, I always mix corals, but I would love to more more "theme" tank.

I have one softy that "shrinked" in my lab tank.. I just saw my emerald crab bitting polyp by polyp... I know what to do with that softy hehe, but one thing at the time!

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 27

Had a lot of fun to make that video, ... perhaps too much with my Nutella but EH, ... 
So I'm starting to adapt my aquarium to the living creature I have and some future. That means I stop adding SPS coral witch shrimp could nip from time to time. They are probably going to kill my SPS remaining, will see, but those are frag from my other aquarium where I lack space so ... I don't mind THAT much if they eat all of them. I made peace with this decision, has long I have my backup elsewhere.

Which of the mushroom in my Youtube video wasn't supposed to be among the rest? 
If you have a suspect let me know, curious to know the reasons 😄