SaltCritters.com

༺ ᴀq͎ᴜᴀ ꜱᴘʟᴇɴᴅᴏʀ - ɴᴀɴᴏ ʀᴇᴇꜰ ༻

Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

Episode 66

We all want a beautiful aquarium, we all look at the internet and see the "perfect snapshot" of a tank.
But does a picture reveal everything? This is a glimpse of what's happening in my tank and showing the darker side and its maintenance.
  • Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 67

Some much stuff is happening to my reef tank, bacteria, pathogen, hydroids, mega growth, algae decay via Flucanozole, new snails, new hermit crabs, fish disease! Despite all the signs telling me to not show you this, I persevere and show you every aspect of my nano reef tank.

• Like 3
Aqua Splendor

To be clear i'm unsure of the ID of the hydroid, only speculate.
AM Scope T490, I don't recommend the brand, (Overprice vs quality) but it's a start.
(Extremely bad customer service also)

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Aqua Splendor,

Thanks for the amazing work you're doing. I've been watching your YouTube videos and they're really great. I have a question for you: In your TOTM thread, you listed some of the foods that you use and I noticed the following, in particular...

Micro pellets from Hikari (not ideal)

Could you please comment on why these pellets are not ideal? I'm currently using them to feed my gobies.

Thanks,

Sango

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

The fish reaction, at first, they didn't want to eat that much of them. (in comparison to other food)
After that it felt like eating a Juicy Mcdo burger, it feel like there's some kind of oil surface on them, probably for good reasons I guess, idk, but all this is my interpretation.

I'm not convince in long term, maybe too rich in protein? I don't know, which is why a vary

I could be wrong too.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

hi, how is your red/orange Scleronephthya? Could you share more about it? I'm very interested but can't find any information online. If you could do one video just about this coral (such as how long it open in the day time, how often you have to feed)  it would be great! Thank you in advance

Aqua Splendor

It's barely alive in my other aquarium to be honest, it's like any NPS coral, food and flow, has long it can feed it should be alright, but it demande attention.
I don't have much info sorry.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Aqua Splendor
On 3/9/2022 at 4:02 PM, steely185 said:

Curious where you are these days.  Haven't seen any posts in a while so I was wondering what you have going on these days.

FFoOqxeXwAUCUei.thumb.jpg.42a24039e30a660be779a7009b67f47e.jpg

• Haha 2