inTank Media Baskets

༺ ᴀq͎ᴜᴀ ꜱᴘʟᴇɴᴅᴏʀ - ɴᴀɴᴏ ʀᴇᴇꜰ ༻

Aqua Splendor

M. Tournesol
8 hours ago, Aqua Splendor said:

that small gap is more then enough for the fish to jump.

On my tank, the gap is 5mm (.2 inch) wide. Is it enough for fishes to jump out of the aquarium 😨?  

Aqua Splendor

Yep 😞
You will be surprise how fishes can find ways😲
(Obviously adult clown fish wouldn't not but other with slim body...)

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer
On 5/23/2021 at 12:38 PM, Aqua Splendor said:

Episode 48

It's all good 🙂

I love your videos I wish I had your talents! 

And I’m super jealous of your sexy shrimp reproducing! Wish mine would in my 5g tank- such cool animals. Really awesome stuff!

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
11 minutes ago, Aqua Splendor said:

Episode 49

Sometimes, human do human things...

Such a bummer! I have my tanks hooked up to WiFi capable power strips that allow you to set timers for the individual plugs- so at feeding time the return pumps, wave pumps turn off for 10 minutes and come back on automatically. Because I’ve forgotten to plug stuff back in or turn it back on too, and almost killed my animals with no flow myself. So sorry for the loss of the sexies!

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

Episode 50

Diseases is what I fear the most in a reef tank and my nano suffered from this 😞

Also for historical purpose adding two month:Evolution_11_May.thumb.jpg.e1df2dde4b3a22cbd83e8d0ab4b8675e.jpg

Evolution_12_July.thumb.jpg.0db335785af67ccdf4c2f19f84974f1e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Aqua Splendor

Episode 51

Finally new fish, I waited a long time on purpose (mostly for stubborn reasons), I made an effort to buy Captive bred fish and I had a mysterious one in the bag, turn out to be a good story why captive bred fish is better!

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 52

I had a lot of hardware "upgrade" in my mind in the past few months, I tried to put all of it in this video, hope you enjoy some of the explanation I provided.

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

Episode 53

I did what? 11 more corals? Wait isn't already super crowd? Yup, but there's always space 😛
I will now focus a little bit more on the other side, more stuff coming hmmm

• Like 3
Aqua Splendor

Episode 54

Life is like the ocean, it has its ups and downs.
At this time, my tank is running beautifully and I wanted to capture this moment.
My appreciation for marine life is endless, a beautiful world that needs to be shared with others.

• Like 3
Aqua Splendor

Episode 55

Dinoflagellate are notorious in reef aquariums, it's a microscopic pest that is hard to remove from saltwater tank.
But This isn't my first encounter, last time blackout alone was enough to kill them all, but this time I'm trying a different method to document the effectiveness.
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
Aqua Splendor
18 minutes ago, seabass said:

OK, that close up of the dinos with your camera (at 5 minute in)  was super cool.

Right?
I was surprised to go that far, I love the other one also with the Dinos pending together under the coral like curtains

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Thx!
I'm really struggling with the microscope part, I'm so unsatisfied with the visual, I tried different things and cleaning but the image quality is not there.
It's a AmScope T490-DK and i learn my lesson with this company, will never buy from them again, I had to deal with customer service for 2 months (missing part, send wrong stuff, malfonction part, etc...)

If anyone have good suggestion for quality microscope let me know, meanwhile I still have to learn about this fascinating world!

Aqua Splendor

Episode 56

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 57

Adding a Tridacna Crocea in my nano reef aquarium, It's a clam that I have since 3-4 years now, it's one of the toughest coral I ever owned, he's not a typical clam.

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

DSC01079.thumb.jpg.4ece3642cc0d0a3010eccfa04091ee4e.jpgDSC01078.thumb.jpg.3f6f988856c5d96472f66d994342c463.jpg

DSC01076.thumb.jpg.76c6e065ca0eeff451f393a45f7cf8ee.jpgDSC01073.thumb.jpg.5f0e290b2a57f4eac004970430e557b9.jpgDSC01067.thumb.jpg.7173fce5f5582cf97ae74eebf0b8c191.jpg

Random photo session, I ask one of my Artemia models to pose for me, a special blooper with one of her kids. Training artemia to pose as human do is a titanic task, took 2 weeks of training. Will follow the career of this one, hope it finds the right mouth!

• Like 4
Aqua Splendor

Episode 58

Scleronephthya is probably my last "Masterpiece" coral, I want to try soft NPS coral and see if I keep them alive. This type of coral needs dirty water so in the past months I slowly started to add organisms that could filter the organic to compensate. The microfauna seems to be stable and well developed so I pull the trigger on this beautiful Strawberry coral.

• Like 1