ReefCleaners.org

༺ ᴀq͎ᴜᴀ ꜱᴘʟᴇɴᴅᴏʀ - ɴᴀɴᴏ ʀᴇᴇꜰ ༻

Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor
10 hours ago, banasophia said:

Looks amazing, like Groot is growing to protect his reef!

🙂

Love his "contemplative" pose 🙂

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 43

So there's no way around it, one way or another people would have find out, went into it even if it's the kind of stuff I don't like to share, but it happens.
Hope you still enjoy the making of this video, a bit emotional...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry about your fish.  I figure a hermit crab or something spooked it.  I think they are natural jumpers.  It probably works pretty well for them in the wild. :sad:

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor
8 hours ago, seabass said:

Sorry about your fish.  I figure a hermit crab or something spooked it.  I think they are natural jumpers.  It probably works pretty well for them in the wild. :sad:

Yeah I saw some people saying it could be a jumping fish but mine was very ... down to earth honestly.
the only thing I change is light, Backlight (magenta) and some IKea light decoration during night, and I fear something happen, that he saw or what ever and it made him jump.

I tested for long the reaction of that fish and I was so please, he was really not jumpy at all but... like any fish... they can jump 😞

4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Another great video. Sorry about the fish. Are you going to get a new fish? Open top is so nice but too risky IMO.  

Hmm when there's a possibility a fish could come back ... a little terror but waiting for a special cover before I do anything,
The pistol shrimp is very ... lonely 😞 I can tell he miss him

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

Editing my first post with new update of the front of the aquarium:
Evolution_8_February.thumb.jpg.9d85c11ed9d22ce2cfd262ef9df9f1fc.jpgEvolution_9_Mars.thumb.jpg.953176fd7b6b8fc7ed29e850b39914ac.jpgEvolution_10_April.thumb.jpg.533c4a5f911c71947d5fb88f8f24bbc1.jpg

Got caught about this during my break around February, little gap
doing this for history purpose and fun

• Like 4
Aqua Splendor
3 hours ago, Noahlikesfish said:

My friend tomaz on discord said he was aqua splendor

Well, lets just say he is not the first one doing this 😉

Every 3-4 month someone trying to copy my stuff, with time you get use to it lol
I'm not on discord.

Aqua Splendor

Episode 46

Never give up, always stand up and keep going.
This video took more time than usual, I hope you enjoy the art form behind it.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
Aqua Splendor

Episode 47

I learn to never give up, just like my next episode, I never give up on Butter this whole time!

• Like 2
M. Tournesol

Thank you for your video. Butter history of SPS killer is why I do not have a yellow clown goby in my nano 😨.

For your cover, you could go for a custom 3D printed part with aquarium compatible plastique (petg).

That's what I did for my glass cover.

IMG_3384.thumb.png.ad5768b3091b462d4c5d8e23c83d304f.png

You could design your pieces with https://www.tinkercad.com.

The pictures below illustrate a possible design for your cover (I do not know the exact dimension of your tank, but I think that it is similar to the dimension of my ADA 60f).

353826431_Capturedcran2021-05-1922_13_40.png.d9c36a41ed3e64f7ee3480338b27d789.png

597529668_Capturedcran2021-05-1922_20_27.thumb.png.1980ddf6ba98b7d3f4115272e956daf0.png405170160_Capturedcran2021-05-1922_20_34.thumb.png.40f0de0422db99b4f0a7cd464260b1c6.png

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Thank you!
I do have a glass cover, that I recovered from last tank that I broke.

I don't like glass because during Summer I need evaporation to cool down the water.

Interesting design you have, however I see a problem: the edge. This is where most of the fish jump, that small gap is more then enough for the fish to jump.
3/4 of time the fish slide/jump on the edge.

But I like the simplicity!
I know @ocpondpoacher make 3d design, we talked a bit on potential design, I think he's currently busy but there's some good idea.
One idea I like is having a cover that float 🙂

• Thanks 1