Coral Vue Hydros

༺ ᴀq͎ᴜᴀ ꜱᴘʟᴇɴᴅᴏʀ - ɴᴀɴᴏ ʀᴇᴇꜰ ༻

Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

DSC05539.jpg.a5a985cf588e71ab86a80b9da40b169e.jpgDSC05535.jpg.925d955116b2c0c3342c36de77773045.jpgDSC05530.jpg.fc85ee91ec67bc51f71e40480309e6c7.jpgDSC05552.jpg.a99ffe386fafd6749c0779099ae934f2.jpgDSC05521.jpg.7ad0fd1f4fc927dbe0a376a0a1f2cb50.jpgDSC05509.jpg.71d29f28840c7985b596dbac2b128929.jpgDSC05516.jpg.0fa3d9076117f8e9086687fbddd95978.jpgDSC05502.jpg.6b4f99b3ba68ad4e0a8cd183979a4075.jpg

Sorry for not doing photos, too busy with videos but I manage to do a couple of them for a future thumbnail on one of my video, which is going to be the first one 🙂

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
Aqua Splendor
2 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

The sexy shrimps always wanted to do a species specific tank

Theme tank are badass. Something happen that give me the same urge with the sexy shrimp, video next Wednesday, short but intense 🙂

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 28

The fish I've been waiting for so long, those fish were my plan since the beginning, cost my an arm but got them.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to eat so that is scary.

Aqua Splendor

Episode 30

You have no idea how much I hated doing this video. 

But, I felt it was my duty to do so and helpfully by sharing my experience it will help others.

This video broke my momentum so much, usually, I have videos in advance but... not anymore, I haven't made any video since 1-2 weeks.

To be clear, I haven't seen my Wheeleri eating directly but I saw some "dust", it went fast during the morning.
I'm not 100% sure it's him/them, I simply highly assume it's him with because of the footage I shared.
I can't see the other, I search but nothing, so I think they are both gone.

That lost really terrifying me, I'm disappointed by myself, I wish I knew about that, even if they didn't seem to eat.
But like the Glass, got some scratch but I keep being transparent.

• Sad 2

You did well documenting this experience.

Your journey might indeed help others, it would probably have helped me with my histrio goby a while back (I can rely how fast a small fish can disappear from a nano tank).

I can also tell you that sexy shrimps will not hesitate to jump on something that's dying. They are quite bold despite their size. 

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

Episode 31

The rock at the back need to be filled and I thought mushrooms were the best coral to be there since it's very shallow.I might add more along the way, love the variety!

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor

Episode 32

Well, mushrooms is some sort of a drug and addictive, people were right!
I just love so much the color variation, starting to fill up the space, but not all mushrooms get attached easily, so I tried something new, not sure if it will work or not Hmmm.

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

People have had very good results with thread and fishing line for keeping mushrooms in place until they attach. Hope it works for you also. Another nice video.

I never seen anyone doing it, good to hear.
The challenge is how to stick the thread, I probably should have used a new glue stick instead of a old one scrapy.

How others anchor the thread on the rock?

1 hour ago, Aqua Splendor said:

How others anchor the thread on the rock?

Just tie it with knots easy to cut later. I am all thumbs so I have not successfully tied mushroom. I would imagine some used glue like you did. If yours do well I may try it with some ricordia.  I did have an elastic work a time or 2, but once I must have had it to tight and it cut the mushroom in half and both floated off the rock. So a cup(single serve applesauce container) with empty snail shells till the mushroom attaches itself is my most used most successful method. Easy to glue the shell. Not to say some don't move later because that is what mushrooms do. 

Aqua Splendor

Episode 33

This video summarize a little bit the fun I have with reef aquarium, there's a fine balance of such a small ecosystem making it fun to observe and learning, discovering every day new things along the challenge 🙂

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

Episode 34

So many things is happening with this reef tank, taking care of it, adding 2 new corals, bacterial infection, new hitchhiker, it was a very interesting last few days, very entertaining 🙂

• Like 2
On 3/3/2020 at 6:05 PM, Aqua Splendor said:

I need your advice on this design choice for the separator

Separator_Overview.jpg

Is the second Separator (red) on the right is low enough compare to the intake?

Could I ask how did you endup designing this? And what exactly you put into each chamber and how is your maintenance in total?

Aqua Splendor

Currently:

On the left:

Floss, Carbon (no GFO anymore, need phosphate)

Center, Biomedia was used at the beginning, now I removed all of it to replace it with Chaetomorpha, eventually will have a light behind I think.

Right: nothing changed. I made them make a tiny hole since I was sure what connector/pvc I was going to use with the diameter needed, I used a tool to open it bigger later to fit the connection elbow tube has you can see in my videos.

It's simple, it work. What would I change: The size of the filtration input, the were design too large in height. But I wasn't sure about this either at the time, So i prefered to make it bigger and adjust with a acrylique plaque later (which I still use).

I clean the back when... I feel like it I guess, 2-3 months? When doing water change.

edit: oh and I also had to cut the right separator height eventually, by ... 1.5cm I think? Just wanted the level be below the input so the flow of the water goes correctly into the floss

• Like 1
On 1/18/2021 at 3:06 AM, Aqua Splendor said:

Currently:

On the left:

Floss, Carbon (no GFO anymore, need phosphate)

Center, Biomedia was used at the beginning, now I removed all of it to replace it with Chaetomorpha, eventually will have a light behind I think.

Right: nothing changed. I made them make a tiny hole since I was sure what connector/pvc I was going to use with the diameter needed, I used a tool to open it bigger later to fit the connection elbow tube has you can see in my videos.

It's simple, it work. What would I change: The size of the filtration input, the were design too large in height. But I wasn't sure about this either at the time, So i prefered to make it bigger and adjust with a acrylique plaque later (which I still use).

I clean the back when... I feel like it I guess, 2-3 months? When doing water change.

edit: oh and I also had to cut the right separator height eventually, by ... 1.5cm I think? Just wanted the level be below the input so the flow of the water goes correctly into the floss

I have been thinking about changing my filter chamber contents as well. My chambers are developed a bit differently (fluval evo filter chamber fitted into a shallow long reef). I am wondering if you have thought about putting the Chaetomorpha in a mesh bag and into the chamber or directly? I was thinking about possibility of the Chaetomorpha strands going into the pump chamber be sucked and pushed into the aquarium.

What will you use for phosphate?

Aqua Splendor
4 hours ago, Gore15 said:

I have been thinking about changing my filter chamber contents as well. My chambers are developed a bit differently (fluval evo filter chamber fitted into a shallow long reef). I am wondering if you have thought about putting the Chaetomorpha in a mesh bag and into the chamber or directly? I was thinking about possibility of the Chaetomorpha strands going into the pump chamber be sucked and pushed into the aquarium.

What will you use for phosphate?

I simply put the cheato in the chamber and that it, use what ever tool to make it stock if its too small, like a rock, mesh, etc... mine is big enough to hold by its own but doesn't grow.

I have 0 phosphate, it's becoming a challenge right now, it was back at 0.05 at some point, now back to 0, my coral and bacteria absorb a lot it seems.

And I have to deal with Dino/Cyano... mostly cyano at the moment, but it's manageable