Innovative Marine Aquariums

༺ ᴀq͎ᴜᴀ ꜱᴘʟᴇɴᴅᴏʀ - ɴᴀɴᴏ ʀᴇᴇꜰ ༻

Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

I don't have any news with @Christopher Marks to know if it's possible to make an exception for the photo per month but to make the things worst, this morning i'm going back at work... in another building... god damnit

• Sad 3
7 minutes ago, Aqua Splendor said:

I don't have any news with @Christopher Marks to know if it's possible to make an exception for the photo per month but to make the things worst, this morning i'm going back at work... in another building... god damnit

I have the feeling you and me are going to be saying this for a long while lol

• Haha 1
Aqua Splendor

Alright, alright, alright!
Has promise, first episode is done 🙂
Episode #1

I will try to keep this series really simple for editing.

The first episode is about the process I went into on what aquarium, where to put it, what stand to use?

I had more ideas here and there but I think that Ikea footage will, maybe, inspire you to get idea?

I had no clue what to do for the thumbnail so it's a little bit clickbait lol, enjoy this god/creator theme 😛 (Hi Michelangelo )

• Like 2

Hey, Following along (reefer with the EVO on the GTA board)

Bad luck with the quarantine locking you out of your office! Maybe try to convince you boss to let you have a key? Send wine, it's a great motivator! can you maybe start cycling your rock in a bucket at home? That way when you can finally get at the tank, you will have lovely fully cycled rock and really get it moving?

What ideas do you have for the tank? Stocking, aqua scape inspiration, brilliant plans to keep your equipment neat enough for your boss that I can steal.

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor
8 hours ago, mipster said:

Hey, Following along (reefer with the EVO on the GTA board)

Bad luck with the quarantine locking you out of your office! Maybe try to convince you boss to let you have a key? Send wine, it's a great motivator! can you maybe start cycling your rock in a bucket at home? That way when you can finally get at the tank, you will have lovely fully cycled rock and really get it moving?

What ideas do you have for the tank? Stocking, aqua scape inspiration, brilliant plans to keep your equipment neat enough for your boss that I can steal.

I'm going to manage something to get that aquarium back 😛
I'm wondering if we are going to get back to the other place (the one you see in the video), we might move definitely which would be sad since I love that place.

I have different idea, i'm not sure yet here 3 option i'm thinking of:

#1 SPS Full birdnest tank with all variety, super risky with Alk swing, also having the tank at work would make this even harder to control

#2 Zoa Garden arrange in a special way

#3 Softy, easy to maintain with some macro algae (hard to get these day in Québec)

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor

20200520_133122.thumb.jpg.e6e7f4e68ae078b02bfce4eeb065156b.jpg

Alright, this just happen 5min ago. 
The episode 2 and 3 are already done, catching slowly but this ... this ... )T%U#$THR) $#)HT #$)HT 
(Yes I know my bath look dirty)

Just when everything seem working well, was testing the pump and cleaning the aquarium and it slip
I was supose to go to my LFS tomorrow so I will see what he have

God damnit

• Sad 6
  • Wow 1
Aqua Splendor

Episode 2 is now published 🙂

hope you like the style of editing, trying something relaxing and enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Aqua Splendor

Episode 3 is now published 😄
I show the process how I built the aquarium:

I did my best with the time I had (between dinner and stuff), I was making too much noise also at some point, had to find a spot lol 😛

I know I'm a bit late and don't post picture, i'm focusing on making content and making video take a long time but i'm catching back.
The Covid-19 change so many thing, it will be on the next episode I think, something... special because there so much stuff to talk about!

• Like 2
Aqua Splendor
6 hours ago, andrewjardin said:

This looks like you are going to have a real neat tank going! Sucks about the first tank breaking!

Actually this is the first aquarium, there's a delay between "present" and YT video, but I think it will be catched back with the 1 month (ish) Cycle

I'm just trying to not spoil too much thing right away so people can see in order.

Aqua Splendor

I was wondering something, right now my tank is cycling. 
The Nitrate will eventually build up.

My question is: How to get rid off?
But here the catch:

No Skimmer,
No water change,
No macro Algae
No reactor (we are not allowed I think)

I was wondering if it was possible just with the bacteria to remove nitrate (into gas), I guess overtime but meh, any thought about this?

Don't ask me why No Water change etc... (I will probably just do this at some point like 80%) I was simply wondering how to make this happen when you have 0 coral in the tank.
I like to be challenge sometimes, and that puzzle me.

Aqua Splendor

I'm putting picture even if they are not synchronize with my content but I just wanted to say I started the cycle.

"Day 00 07 June: Adding Ammonia Dr.Tim's + Microbacter 7"

I test the water every 2 days to say how it goes (Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)
I don't think I understood that "Condiment" rules LOL
After I took those picture I thought to put some GSP on it, would be funny but, it's a bit in the way 😉

BTW i'm going to start the aquascape very soon, I'm looking at it and... I really feel limited with rock aquascape, I don't think i'm going to use a lot, probably a minimalist approch to give corals the space to grow, because, corals are the scape at the end...
But if you have idea or picture the inspire you with this kind of dimension tank let me know, very curious.

I think I will put corals that have high fluorescence, mixed soft/lps/sps, since I use a black sand, which btw i'm doing a review and sent a ICP test with Fauna Marine to determine once for all if there's anything leaching with Black Hawaiian and Eco Complete (it's a mix of both)

DSC01106.thumb.JPG.3edae95d26cd1f23bcef4917191d29ab.JPGDSC01112.thumb.JPG.d446d90c19fba72fae64c9e77777dc05.JPG

DSC01108.JPG

• Like 2

Hello fellow reefer from Montréal!! Happy to see someone from my city!!! Your project looks great!! Love the videos!! And so sorry about the tank breaking...totally something I would do! 

I feel your pain for macro, there's nothing out there, even online. 

• Like 1

Following, not just because we are both Canadian, but I can tell you are certainly someone who thinks things through before pulling the trigger which I appreciate! 🙂

• Like 1
Aqua Splendor
On 6/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, Jord said:

Following, not just because we are both Canadian, but I can tell you are certainly someone who thinks things through before pulling the trigger which I appreciate! 🙂

So yeah, let's talk about dosing that maple syrup into the tank now 😛

I was wondering something, during the cycle, what about putting couple drop of Red Sea Nopox, then later after couples day/weeks do a water change (Since no skimmer...)
I like the idea of feeding carbon, would help for nitrate and phosphate, but I never really did this with a new tank before. I'm not sure if it's useless or could be good.

At the moment I speak the Ammonia is really low, (went 0 then saw some comeback after, slightly) and Nitrite is still present