Innovative Marine Aquariums

Grumpy mushroom?

IHaveADegreeInMarineBioBut

I've had a red mushroom for ~a year now in a 10 gallon. I had it originally under normal LEDs, and honestly, that's the happiest it ever was. I bought a Current Orbit USA Orbit (NOT pro) the beginning of December and it was fine still. 

I've since added other corals and switched to a different salt, but they're all fine. However, my mushroom just seems to be grumpy most of the time. A few weeks ago, the foot started to come up from the rock (it's moved around on the rock a few times, but has never left the rock) and some days it's shrunken up and other days it's wide open, but the foot is still not attached.. mostly the former. Like I said, it's been this way for a while now and I figured that if it really wanted to move, it would have by now. I don't have it glued down or anything. I just don't want to lose it.

Should I interfere at all? Or just continue to let it do its thing?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mcarroll said:

Please post your test results for everything...especially phospahtes.

It has actually gotten happier! I think it was getting too much flow. Thank you.

• Like 1