Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Waterbox Cubed (365 day challenge)

McCune

DANG those are some nice corals!

wish I had frags swap around these parts....or even a LFS.

I love euphyllia and lobos too! 

amazing score for sure.  good bargaining skills for the son you just might have a new secret weapon for frags swaps. 

• Thanks 1

So today I spent some time and raised the sand for the tank.

I also got in two flat extension cords so I can push the tank closer to the wall. I hope this weekend the tank will be wet 

I was playing with the Orphek camera clip this morning71D8FDDF-C7FC-41F7-ABC2-3D4741595EAD.thumb.jpeg.34d04db37c706855e7ea1fe538cd5b23.jpegC2362E0C-E846-482F-8D32-16D67BC274BF.thumb.jpeg.166f3abcfb8a07060f9da5a58e44fcfb.jpegCBB14DB7-A3E4-48C7-8A8B-B8518DD82066.thumb.jpeg.f24796842d2ff29e194f7ec9a66a2dcb.jpeg

I also grabbed this ACANTHOPHYLLIA on sale. I haven’t decided yet if this will be going into the Cube.

Can’t wait to feed this beast!!!623A356E-1B55-4C18-8CE1-AECD2A40AF53.jpeg.3d32b92fd43ece3167a3d9ab4b0c48d6.jpegF4BB18EF-25FC-4CE4-A7E6-0D674FC5664C.thumb.jpeg.8b0b9d4770a551e83e255c6ad7749a86.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, devaji108 said:

dang LOVE that ACANTHOPHYLLIA  it looks like a monster. how big is it. I really want one for the bigger tank. 

It’s the size of my palm. Not a huge one but a good size for the tank it’s in. I really want t get more but that have such a hefty price tag 

Tank is filled and running going to run it for a while with the filter sock to clear up the water.

I have to say I hate the stock return pump🤬The stock return is way to loud for my liking, my other tank runs a vectra which is silent and I have become accustom to. I will be looking at Reefbreeders dc returns as well as innovative marine dc returns.

• Like 1

I hear (pun intended) good think about the Im mighty jet DC pump. I got there smaller one but it was just a bit big for my tank. I was bummed.

I was thinking the RB DC pumps too there a tad smaller might give it a try sometime this summer.

let us know what you get and how you like it.

such a great scape that tank is going to look killer once filled in!  

• Thanks 1

Just for fun

This is my favorite maxi mini nem I have. Unfortunately this isn’t going into the cube, is has itself mounted deep inside a huge rock in my 50long Cadlights. Can’t say that I’m not happy where is parked itself. It is up on top and in the front of my top rock structure. 

70B85EAB-E7F4-4894-8FFA-8979B7C8DA01.thumb.jpeg.24c6054876a8fe7ffb7d1d1dd973c8c8.jpeg

• Like 1

I ordered a Reefbreeders 1200 Dc controllable pump to try on the tank. Honestly the stock pump is driving me nuts it is a constant humming noise and i wont have that on a tank. 

Besides that I am starting to look at my plans for a fish stocking list. I have several fish I want for sure so I will start looking around.

Fish

Court Jester Goby- I have had these before in smaller nano's and they are awesome fish that cruise around

Tanaka Pygmy Possum Wrasse- I have always wanted one of these guys I know they are cryptic and hide a lot but that color and pattern is amazing an I definitely be putting one in the tank.

Yasha Goby- another fish I have always wanted to try. This one is on the fridge though not sure if it will be going in.

Tailspot Blenny- Such amazing little characters to add in any tank. Always out and popping in and out of rocks

• Like 2

So there may be a change of plans for the tank stocking. With everything going on I have been ordered to work the 12 hour night shift at work. Seeing as I will not be in my office anytime soon now I will be taking my Nuvo 40 down and bringing it home. So now I’ll have to disperse the fish I have there between my two tanks at home.

Not really a bad thing I’ll be bringing home an awesome pair of grade A Picasso clowns, Pygmy angel, royal gramma and tailspot blenny. 

I received my new DC controllable return pump from Reefbreeders. All I can say is WOW

I am so impressed with this little pump. Great flow, controller is easy to use and has built in feed modes.

The pump I decided to go with was the 1200 model fits in the Waterbox 20 perfectly. Flow is around 300gph.

• Like 1
SliceGolfer
3 minutes ago, McCune said:

So I received my new DC controllable return pump from Reefbreeders. All I can say is WOW

I am so impressed with this little pump. Great flow, controller is easy to use and has built in feed modes.

The pump I decided to go with was the 1200 model fits in the Waterbox 20 perfectly. Flow is around 300gph.

Good to know. I’m about ready to toss that stock pump in the trash.

• Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, SliceGolfer said:

Good to know. I’m about ready to toss that stock pump in the trash.

Do it you won’t regret it at all 

I brought my other tank home from work on Friday. I decided for now to put the pair of Picasso clowns, Pygmy angel and tailspin blending in the cube. Royal gramma went in the bigger tank, he would be way too aggressive in the cube.

ill try and snap some pics  

• Like 1

I moved over so more coral to the cube I’m going to let that stuff settle in. 
the Pygmy angle is coming out he has decided to m start to mess with my meat coral and stresses the coral out. Meat coral for the win Pygmy angel banished. Once I catch it that is. 🤬

I know that this isn’t the most amazingly colored meat coral but I just love this thing. I want more when I can get some. It’s just so beefy- pun intended 

EDC6A0C2-2E66-433C-9EDB-2C2B189BB699.thumb.jpeg.186e83a6cfaa418ff9f9c05aeb2b53bf.jpeg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, McCune said:

I know that this isn’t the most amazingly colored meat coral but I just love this thing. I want more when I can get some. It’s just so beefy- pun intended 

EDC6A0C2-2E66-433C-9EDB-2C2B189BB699.thumb.jpeg.186e83a6cfaa418ff9f9c05aeb2b53bf.jpeg

LOVE it! I almost got a acanthophilla this week end to but missed the bid 😞 I also love the big puffy LPS corals.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, devaji108 said:

LOVE it! I almost got a acanthophilla this week end to but missed the bid 😞 I also love the big puffy LPS corals.

This one is from AquaSD grabbed it during a sale a few weeks ago. I have missed a few corals I really wanted from them just by minutes too. I hate when that happens 

• Like 1

hell yeah! well we me posted on this beauty I hope to a few in the big peninsula and keep my nano inverts.

post a viedo if you can so I can DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOllllllllll

• Thanks 1