Coral Vue Hydros

Tigahboy’s SW Planted Tank Project - Three.Six.Five

Tigahboy

16 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

was it the loner?

I think so. 😢

15 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

How are all your tanks works of art? That is talent!

☺️🙏

• Sad 2
15 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Getting full in there! 

15 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I love it,its filling in quickly man. 

I'm trimming the caulerpa once or twice a week now.  Gracilaria is getting super full as well so will need to trim at some point (but I'm liking how it looks right now).

Got replacement blue hypnea but again it took a beating during shipping and lost most of it.  I have a tiny patch left that I'm hoping will pull through.  But we shall see.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I'm trimming the caulerpa once or twice a week now.  Gracilaria is getting super full as well so will need to trim at some point (but I'm liking how it looks right now).

Got replacement blue hypnea but again it took a beating during shipping and lost most of it.  I have a tiny patch left that I'm hoping will pull through.  But we shall see.

I’m so jealous of people that so easily grow macro. I still can’t manage it and I feed the crap out of my tanks. I wish I had your gift!!

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’m so jealous of people that so easily grow macro. I still can’t manage it and I feed the crap out of my tanks. I wish I had your gift!!

I wish it were easy.  I'm dosing macro fertilizer, ferrous iron, nitrates, phosphates, and sodium carbonate (alk) to keep these guys and gals happy.  😪

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
52 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I wish it were easy.  I'm dosing macro fertilizer, ferrous iron, nitrates, phosphates, and sodium carbonate (alk) to keep these guys and gals happy.  😪

You can’t do that in a reef tank can you? I have nutrients always, I dosed that chaetogro stuff and fed the algae directly. Tried an algae reactor.  Nothing works. I’m a complete failure at macro ☹️

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

You can’t do that in a reef tank can you? I have nutrients always, I dosed that chaetogro stuff and fed the algae directly. Tried an algae reactor.  Nothing works. I’m a complete failure at macro ☹️

Bummer!  I'm doing Brightwells products for everything except for Alk, so yes should be fine in reefs.

DSC00383.thumb.jpg.ce45a40a51d36ba71136f0a20362bf95.jpg

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Bummer!  I'm doing Brightwells products for everything except for Alk, so yes should be fine in reefs.

DSC00383.thumb.jpg.ce45a40a51d36ba71136f0a20362bf95.jpg

I looked into all of that this last time but only went with the chaetogro. I *may* try again at some point, after the big tank is fully scaped and settled in. I haven't even gotten finished cycling all the new rocks so the final look of the tank hasn't happened yet. I'm waiting on the reef scaping fairy to pay me a visit and draw me a lovely diagram of what to do (probably in crayons) because I have no imagination for this. Been looking at articles about it and pictures all day. No inspiration forthcoming. Also hurts that half the rocks are already went and have corals grafted to them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Frag Factory said:

I never thought the red algae would outgrow the green, your iron consumption must be massive 😁

I’ve been giving the red a hand by constantly pruning the green. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Couple shots to start the week. 
D84EF063-F91D-4E9C-8265-1557E42BDFBC.thumb.jpeg.789859f69ceab9f9f5d7dfe7e3d67e5e.jpeg

321549F2-DC38-4B14-B362-3EA545A60A4E.thumb.jpeg.69ab41741f2c158ecbfd120df24f68a4.jpeg

Not going to lie, I didn’t even know it was Monday until I get a text from working saying I have the afternoon shift today 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, East1 said:

Woah this is gorgeous! 

What's your alk like on this tank? 

Thank you!  Based on my dosing, I think my daily consumption is around 0.5 dKH. 

29 minutes ago, Frozen_Reef said:

Not going to lie, I didn’t even know it was Monday until I get a text from working saying I have the afternoon shift today 

LOL.  Believe me, I know when it is Monday. 😫

• Like 2