Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy’s SW Planted Tank Project - Three.Six.Five

Tigahboy

1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

I love macros, especially since they've melted in every tank I've ever had. These are beautiful!

Melting could definitely be in my future.  Lol. I actually ordered some supplements to hopefully keep these macros thriving. 

33 minutes ago, DNR88 said:

Love the bright red en green colors! 😄

Christmas in May!

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

What did you order Iron,Mag,Potassium ? 

Brightwell ChaetoGro (has iron and others), NeoNitro, and NeoPhos.  I’ve never used any of these products so looking forward to trying them out. 

• Like 1
SliceGolfer
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Brightwell ChaetoGro (has iron and others), NeoNitro, and NeoPhos.  I’ve never used any of these products so looking forward to trying them out. 

I used those in my Nuvo in the beginning. Later I switched to mix your own from Green Leaf Aquariums. They have a N03/P04 pack for $8 iirc and it yields quite a large amount. Plus you can determine the strength based on how you mix. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, SliceGolfer said:

I used those in my Nuvo in the beginning. Later I switched to mix your own from Green Leaf Aquariums. They have a N03/P04 pack for $8 iirc and it yields quite a large amount. Plus you can determine the strength based on how you mix. 

Good to know!  I’ll look that up.  

• Like 2

Treated myself to a new camera (Sony A6500) for my birthday, and it arrived today!  No idea how to use it, but here's my first shot.

DSC00020LR2.thumb.jpg.82551d829a63313286a077de5215253f.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow 2
3 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Treated myself to a new camera (Sony A6500) for my birthday, and it arrived today!  No idea how to use it, but here's my first shot.

DSC00020LR2.thumb.jpg.82551d829a63313286a077de5215253f.jpg

Happy belated birthday. Nice piece of kit

• Thanks 1
teenyreef

I approve any changes that allow you to get even better pictures of this beautiful tank. Nice birthday present! That FTS is excellent.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I approve any changes that allow you to get even better pictures of this beautiful tank. Nice birthday present! That FTS is excellent.

Thanks!  I'm really looking forward to learning how to use this camera.  Figure it would be a fun self-isolation activity as well. 

• Like 2

Also, maybe I went a little overboard, but ordered some yellow sea whip (Pterogorgia citrina) and got a freebie purple gorg as well.  What do you think?  Too much?

DSC00100LR.thumb.jpg.062c7588f3c4384e6c332f474f11881d.jpg

• Like 13
  • Wow 4
banasophia
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Also, maybe I went a little overboard, but ordered some yellow sea whip (Pterogorgia citrina) and got a freebie purple gorg as well.  What do you think?  Too much?

DSC00100LR.thumb.jpg.062c7588f3c4384e6c332f474f11881d.jpg

Gorgeous, and great choice for fish, looking forward to pics of them swimming around in the tank!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks great! I think you need a small bush like green right I between the rock work in the negative spot. Just to really give it that planted look. 

All in all looks great! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Gorgeous, and great choice for fish, looking forward to pics of them swimming around in the tank!

Thanks!  I'm hoping these little guys will school together!

Just now, Matteo said:

Looks great! I think you need a small bush like green right I between the rock work in the negative spot. Just to really give it that planted look. 

All in all looks great! 

Good recommendation.  Still have some time to keep stocking this thing.  When is this contest over anyway?  😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, debbeach13 said:

Looks great. Did you get the fish on line?

Thanks!  Fish and gorgs from KPAquatics.  Most of my stuff has come from them given they seem to still be pretty active during the pandemic and I've been happy with everything I've received from them to date.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks!  I'm hoping these little guys will school together!

Good recommendation.  Still have some time to keep stocking this thing.  When is this contest over anyway?  😅

....... in 299 days, Might be a bit close that

Gorgeous little fish and the tank is indeed looking great again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Side view with the new additions.

DSC00138LR.thumb.jpg.777b9e4636d99b43fdfb2cded9e99e55.jpg

Look how tiny the gobies are!  Also they have been eating pellets, so I'm relieved.

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
teenyreef

I love the side view! The sea whip is beautiful. I do miss the open space to the right of the rocks in the front view, though.

• Like 2