inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy’s SW Planted Tank Project - Three.Six.Five

Tigahboy

15 minutes ago, Growerguy said:

This reminds me of Tannin Aquatics brackish mangrove tank. Those guys might have some ideas for the kind of stuff you want to do. I've been getting stuff from them for years for my fresh blackwater tanks. They sell mangrove tree roots that you could swap out that spider wood piece for. I love macros tho so totally following!

Nice.  I’ll check em out!

• Like 2
cosmicbread

I’m so excited to follow this build! I’ve lurked on your other builds forever. 

I’ve wondered about using wood in a marine set up...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Caught a cold (yes, likely just a cold) and given what’s going on right now with Covid-19 I’ve been staying home for the past couple weeks.  So I’ve made zero progress on this tank.  I think a lot of things are on hold at the moment.  Very unprecedented times indeed.  Stay safe, reefers!  

Another empty tank shot cuz that’s all I got. 
CE5378D1-B03F-4BB4-9DC5-C57CF24822CA.thumb.jpeg.eb161ba069da04532f86856e324e0f42.jpeg

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Caught a cold (yes, likely just a cold) and given what’s going on right now with Covid-19 I’ve been staying home for the past couple weeks.  So I’ve made zero progress on this tank.  I think a lot of things are on hold at the moment.  Very unprecedented times indeed.  Stay safe, reefers!  

CE5378D1-B03F-4BB4-9DC5-C57CF24822CA.thumb.jpeg.eb161ba069da04532f86856e324e0f42.jpeg

Ah I hate you... how can you make an empty tank look so good! 🤗😘 Feel better!!

• Haha 3
DISQUALIFIED-QQ
11 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Hey man you're doing the right thing. Take it easy and stay safe. Wishing you the best. If anything this gives you additional time to create your best vision for the tank.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Diamonds x Pearls said:

Hey man you're doing the right thing. Take it easy and stay safe. Wishing you the best. If anything this gives you additional time to create your best vision for the tank.

Thank you!  Appreciate that. Hope you and your fam are staying safe a well. 

12 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I see you added an led strip 

I literally LOL’d. 

12 hours ago, banasophia said:

Ah I hate you... how can you make an empty tank look so good! 🤗😘 Feel better!!

🤗 thank you!  I went ahead and started ordering stuff online.  Hope to make more progress in a week or so.  

• Like 2

Ordered some LR from KPAquatics, so I’m mixing some salt in this holding container.  
146AB75D-4739-4DFE-80D0-DDA8AC863B04.thumb.jpeg.2ee8ca1e5d28a032c4d818b3dbbd3441.jpeg

First time ordering LR from them.  Really excited to see what comes in!  

• Like 8
On 3/1/2020 at 12:23 AM, Tigahboy said:

Lights.

Twinstar II 450EC

Going to go with a planted tank vibe for this tank, so decided to get freshwater lights.  Macroalgae only. 

Yasssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

How the heck do you make a holding tank look so good?!?! 

😄 I’m stuck in self isolation going stir crazy (like everyone else) and have nothing better to do.  I can’t wait to see what goodies come with the LR from KPA tho.  

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Ordered some LR from KPAquatics, so I’m mixing some salt in this holding container.  
146AB75D-4739-4DFE-80D0-DDA8AC863B04.thumb.jpeg.2ee8ca1e5d28a032c4d818b3dbbd3441.jpeg

First time ordering LR from them.  Really excited to see what comes in!  

Lots of stuff. Some you may not want- fireworms

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

still empty? waiting 10mo then filling it with fire? lol

Still empty.  We got plenty of time!  Will get some rock in there this week tho.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
SaltyGallon
On 3/23/2020 at 2:33 AM, Tigahboy said:

Still empty.  We got plenty of time!  Will get some rock in there this week tho.  

... Looking forward to the rock update mate haha! How are you thinking of using the wood and rock together? You could end up with something really unique here. It helps that you guys in the US seem to be spoilt for choice when it comes to macro algae 😎

• Like 2
On 3/24/2020 at 4:51 AM, Azur said:

... Looking forward to the rock update mate haha! How are you thinking of using the wood and rock together? You could end up with something really unique here. It helps that you guys in the US seem to be spoilt for choice when it comes to macro algae 😎

😊 Definitely will try to integrate the branches into the rock/tank but how is still up in the air.  Hopefully I can make it work.  🤞🙏

Also got my KPAquatics rocks today!  These pieces are solid.  Solid as a rock. 🎵
4B1C8191-24AA-4BAA-922F-620D828B60D4.thumb.jpeg.67f6f91560a4c25537e1dd82a92eb289.jpeg

Beautiful color on these and tons of interesting hitchhikers.  Love that these are aquacultured and pulled straight from the Florida Keys.  
CD4407F8-E053-4E63-92D9-A47705EFE15E.thumb.jpeg.d407fab476ac89db4cc216b21867fa8f.jpeg

Though I still prefer to cherry pick my LR, I think I can work with these shapes and sizes.  Would definitely order again. 

• Like 10
  • Wow 1
6 hours ago, Azur said:

Lovely bits of rock bud. What causes those nice oranges, some kind of sponge?

Yup, looks like sponges to me. 

5 hours ago, DNR88 said:

Very nice, this should become very interesting! 👍😎

😊 Ordered sand as well, so once I get that I should be able to push this thing along.

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Nice @Tigahboy! Found any good hitchhikers? 

I have been very pleased with the rock from KP!

Lots of cool critters, but most were DOA.  Hoping some of the hitchhikers make it.  🤞

• Like 1