Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy’s SW Planted Tank Project - Three.Six.Five

Tigahboy

7 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Love the little gobies! I haven't had any luck with blue hypnea either. I put it once in my fuge and it withered away within days. 😕

Tank looks extremely awesome though! Love the fogger! 😄 

Thank you! Yeah, the hypnea is definitely delicate. I increased my dosing and the remaining patches I have left look good now, but always worry they may take a turn. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SaltyGallon said:

Looking good buddy! The strands of caluerpa really add something. A shaving brush would look good in there too 😄

Thanks, man! Shaving brush is pretty interesting.

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

How do you get the Gracilaria to stay in place? Tank looks so full of life!

They are just wedged between rocks. Haven't had much issues with them moving as they fill up the crevices as they grow.

• Like 3
On 9/25/2020 at 9:45 AM, Tigahboy said:

Dosing Brightwell Aquatics ChaetoGro (fertilizer), Ferrion (ferrous iron), NeoPhos (phosphates), NeoNitro (nitrates), and ATI Essentials Pro. 

Do you know offhand if these are safe for coral?  I have a classroom biocube setup that has some GSP, Xenia and a toadstool leather, but there is a ton of macro coming from reefcleaners and want to make sure everything thrives.

Thanks!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

Do you know offhand if these are safe for coral?  I have a classroom biocube setup that has some GSP, Xenia and a toadstool leather, but there is a ton of macro coming from reefcleaners and want to make sure everything thrives.

Thanks!

Should be. They are all made for reef tanks specifically.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I know this thread has been a real snoozer lately (macroalgae tanks peak early I guess), but time for a big update - just added three sexy shramp!

DSC03299.thumb.jpg.1162afb0b8949f38554e142cc7c10cd8.jpg

DSC03306.thumb.jpg.5fbcfaae875a00c6359a1620577cd600.jpg

Oh man you need a herd of those. I still have 8 and now they have dinner like a pack of wolves. I love watching them- wish they’d breed. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, ECLS Reefer said:

Oh man you need a herd of those. I still have 8 and now they have dinner like a pack of wolves. I love watching them- wish they’d breed. 

How many more should I add?? This is only a 9g.

8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

How many more should I add?? This is only a 9g.

They’re tiny- mine is only a 5g and they’ve done well since I added them. Even with 8 in there they’re hard to find because they’re so small and disappear in the foliage/corals. So only having three with all the macro- you might not see them as much as you’d like. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I may order more...

Yeah I worry, especially with the dragons breath, that you will spend a lot of time searching anxiously for them. I can say for certain than when there’s no fish or only maybe one fish- their waste footprint is almost nothing, so they’re not going to hurt the tank. They don’t bother the corals in that tank either- hopefully they don’t eat macro. But even still if you feed I think they’d be fine as a bigger group. 

• Like 2