inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy’s SW Planted Tank Project - Three.Six.Five

Tigahboy

mitten_reef
On 6/17/2020 at 11:38 PM, Tigahboy said:

@Dirté Sanchez per your request:

DSC00783-2.thumb.jpg.4b7e8f8c301060fdc07bd2bfcc1cea92.jpg

what's the plan on trimming?  

I think it'd be pretty cool to try to make the red cluster on the left mimic the slope of the angled rock, open it up so the green and the gorg on left side can come out a bit more?  

Since your light is not the brightest one out there, I think a cluster of pink sun under the center ledge is your next move/acquisition....the red algae will help with extra shading too.  thoughts?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

what's the plan on trimming?  

I think it'd be pretty cool to try to make the red cluster on the left mimic the slope of the angled rock, open it up so the green and the gorg on left side can come out a bit more?  

Since your light is not the brightest one out there, I think a cluster of pink sun under the center ledge is your next move/acquisition....the red algae will help with extra shading too.  thoughts?

Some sort of NPS like sun coral could definitely work in here.  I'm on the fence though about adding anything else non-macroalgae in here.  We shall see though.  And yes, red definitely needs a good trim.  🙂 I've been trimming the caulerpa aggressively but very infrequently for the hayi (as you can tell).

4 hours ago, Hexadron said:

Tank is looking Ace!

Thanks! 🙂

• Like 3

First of all... WOW this tank is absolutely gorgeous! Been scrolling through threads and found this and I’m so happy I did! The tank looks so good! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Cmharper50 said:

First of all... WOW this tank is absolutely gorgeous! Been scrolling through threads and found this and I’m so happy I did! The tank looks so good! 

Thank you!  Appreciate it. 😊

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Frag Factory said:

What species is that? Looks stunning.

Perfect nano fish.

Masked Goby (Coryphopterus personatus).  They really are!

• Like 2

My ATO failed on me last night. Found in a snail in the return chamber but not sure if snails can mess with an optical sensor?  

Nice wood stand was soaked too. Fortunately I didn’t have a ton of water left in the ATO reservoir so things look ok. 🤞

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 3
Christopher Marks

Oh no! Glad to hear it didn't cause too much trouble. I bet the snail was the culprit. Close call 😳

That blue algae makes such an impact, blues are rare!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Oh no! Glad to hear it didn't cause too much trouble. I bet the snail was the culprit. Close call 😳

That blue algae makes such an impact, blues are rare!

Thanks!  Hopefully I can keep the blue thriving in here.  Not a ton of info about this macroalgae's care requirements out there.