SaltCritters.com

Cycle question biocube

505nano

Hello all! Thanks for readimg, I just have a quick question. I plan on filling my biocube 16 tonight and I'm not sure what filtration to run through the cycle. I initially planned on doing filter floss on top, and maybe the matrix media for the cycle? I also have pyrogen and carbon but not sure if it should be added right away during cycle. Also, can someone tell me how the mechanical filtration goes on top? Stupid noob question lol but not sure if it goes on top of this top part, or directly under it? And finally, I removed the sponge in between chamber 2 and 3 and am planning on running some carbon there. Thanks in advance! 

IMG_20200222_172439.jpg

I think I got it figured out. I'm going to run just filter floss and seachem matrix for cycle. Then later add purigen on the empty shelf, and carbon at the bottom of chamber 2&3 where the stock Sponge used to be. 

Then I will have carbon between the bottom of chamber 2&3

IMG_20200222_201422.jpg

I agree with splicegolfer.  The purpose is to build up your bacteria and the chemical filtration would hinder it.  You could get Dr. Tim's or turbostart to help kick start your cycle as well.

Just now, applejk said:

You should be good then.  Good luck and post your progress!

Thank you!! I have 365 challenge journal that has it all documented! Thanks for the support