SaltCritters.com

Thinking of going bigger, looking for some tips

Ty.

Right now I have a innovative marine 14 gallon peninsula and a 5.5 Fluval that have been running for over a year and a half and I'm looking for something bigger.  I am a big fan of the all in one tanks, but I have a few questions

How big can you reliably go with an all in one tank? I like the clean look of my IM 14 and would like to have the same thing in a larger tank with everything contained in the rear chambers

Who makes a good tank in the 45-55 gallon range? I love my innovative marine tank, but is there something better out there that may have a better filter set up or come with better equipment for the price? 

Who else has ccondensed some smaller tanks into one larger tank? Was it worth it? I like my little slice of ocean, but really hate how limited I am on livestock because of how small the tank is. Is it worth it to go bigger? 

Thanks y'all. 

Thrassian Atoll

If you get into the 50 gallon Plus range get a tank with a sump.   Sumps increase options in hardware so much.  Don’t hold yourself back with an aio where you can only fit certain things in the back.  

Waterbox and Red Sea have some nice options if you go that route.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of AIO, but I don't use any of the additional equipment such as a reactor or a skimmer.  it's just a return pump and a heater in the back.

IM makes "large" AIO up to 4-ft, 80 gallon (SR-80), smaller SR-60 or Lagoon 50 also available.  

Waterbox AIO largest size is AIO 50.3

Cobalt aquatics, supposedly, has a C-Vue AIO that is about 40 gallons but never seen any for sale online. 

I guess you could consider all of Red Sea "MAX" series as AIO - and those can get pretty large.  

alternatively, you might be able to build/custom-order your own partition walls to add to a (rimless?) tank with the size of your choosing.    

AIO to 40-50g range should be fine but if you go larger then that I would do a sump. Simply because heaters and skimmers start getting too large to comfortably fit in the back.

Teeny has the IM40 AIO. 

• Like 1