Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Second Opinion

a_pmech84

Got this torch from my LFS yesterday and I forget what kind of torch he said it was. I dont think its run of the mill. So I looked up torch coral on google and the one I seen that was closest in appearance was called a holy grail torch. The pic I have doesn't really show the color as I see it. It's got more yellowish glow kinda laid over the green. It's hard to describe.What other opinions are out there for the ID of this beauty. Thanks

20200217_175907.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

Do you have a light where you can lower the amount of blues but also have white? I want to see the green, but not where it’s unbelievable blue. That would help Id it better

It doesn't look like the holy grail to me. Here's mine for reference - under pretty white lights as well. The yellow and green are not subtle. 

Edit - I'll also add the under blues, the torch should glow. The colors becomes near neon and the difference between the yellow and green becomes incredibly contrasted, even without the orange filters. 

1627968816_HolyGrailsmall.thumb.jpg.a51a24e633be733ae210025d35ccafcc.jpg

• Like 2
On 2/20/2020 at 6:29 PM, a_pmech84 said:

Here is the pic under the white light. It just shows up that brownish color but under blue light it's very green.

20200220_182357.jpg

That looks like a Torch coral.

I hate to ask how much you paid since you think it must be similar to some "high end" variety that someone gave a random name to, but....

How much was it?

So it's just a basic green torch. Sorry for the delay in response time. I paid $100 for. The owner of my LFS and I have a good friendship so I wasn't really worried about getting price gouged. I just couldn't remember what they told me it was. They weren't at the time carrying many high end corals because the market here is kinda limited for buyers. People around here dont like to pay high end prices. There's only five or six of his customers that come in for or order the high end stuff so he essentially keeps less than 10 of them for us once or twice a month so we can all get a good deal without ordering on our own. It's a good shop with helpful people. But yeah just a basic green torch nothing fancy about this one just looks cool under the blues.

That's cool.  The thing about Euphillia are that they look awesome almost no matter what.   Names don't really add all that much IMO.  👍

I think you got a really nice looking coral for your money!  🙂