ReefCleaners.org

Hello everyone! Newbie here entering the 365 day challenge. This is going to be a 16g coralife biocube I just received from marineandreef.

They had an amazing sell, and I just could not pass it up. I currently have a 54g corner tank in my living room, which was my first saltwater tank and was established 07/2019. I'm still a newbie and am hoping for the best. Even if I am not considered a finalist later, I'm hoping to meet some awesome people and gain some great advice! Reef on, my friends! 

IMG_20200216_140152.jpg

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

That is a great tank for this contest. Following along. Do you plan on live rock or dry? 

Thank you! I will be using the dry purple nano rock 2.1 from Walt Smith. But I will also be using carribsea Fiji pink live sand. I might also seed the nano with a piece of live rock from my 54g.

IMG_20200213_202134.jpg

• Like 1

Started aquascaping tonight, just a start. Not too good at it honestly lol and the stupid reflection does not help with the pics 😂 I do plan on having some corals on the substrate which is why I left some room at the bottom. 

IMG_20200216_163658.jpg

IMG_20200216_163946.jpg

IMG_20200216_163953.jpg

IMG_20200216_163649.jpg

IMG_20200216_171022.jpg

IMG_20200216_171124.jpg

IMG_20200216_170842.jpg

IMG_20200216_170849.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ratvan said:

I really want to try one of those one day, looks like its more or less perfect out of the box

This is my first, and so far, I'm impressed with the quality of the parts. I love the rounded glass and the clean look of it. I'll definitely be updating this journal religiously once it's going! Marineandreef.com has a sale for $299 shipped for the nano and stand. When I bought it, they also had a 10% coupon. So I got it for $269 shipped. Which is almost what I paid for my 54g with stand lol but at least this one comes with lighting and pumps etc. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, 505nano said:

This is my first, and so far, I'm impressed with the quality of the parts. I love the rounded glass and the clean look of it. I'll definitely be updating this journal religiously once it's going! Marineandreef.com has a sale for $299 shipped for the nano and stand. When I bought it, they also had a 10% coupon. So I got it for $269 shipped. Which is almost what I paid for my 54g with stand lol but at least this one comes with lighting and pumps etc. 

Slight issue

🇬🇧

• Like 2

Got around to removing false floor in chamber one for my neo-therm heater. Also got the filtration in for the cycle which will be

Filter floss and sea chem matrix bio media. 

After cycle, I will be putting a bag of purigen on the 2nd tray and carbon at the bottom of chamber 2 &3 where the stock sponge was located.

I did have to remove the bottom tray to fit the oversized amount of bio media lol but worth it to me. 

IMG_20200222_201422.jpg

IMG_20200222_202009.jpg

Welp! Almost cycled. Kinda.. ha

Ammonia this morning tested at .25

Nitrite is at around 1.0

Aaaaabd out favorite.. Nitrates at at 40-80ppm 😭 lol I guess that's what happens when you pour the entire bottle of beneficial bacteria 🙃 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

What corals are you going to throw in there?

I would like to do some type of rhodactis mushrooms at the base, I think I want to try some frogspawn towards the top, maybe some photosynthetic gargonians if I can find any, aaaaand possibly some gsp. Maybe Xenia. And I want to try some stony in the substrate. But none of it is definite yet. I am always changing my mind lol. So untill it actually happens idk. I'm totally open to some suggestions though! 

Other then coral I think I'm going to try a Midas blenny and maybe some type of designer clown? Maybe? Ha and of course a cuc

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...