Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bubble Tip Anemone

peco2004

I took the plunge today and purchased a Bubble Tip Anemone for my clown fish. While my tank looks very new it actually is 4 years old. It used to be in my office, but I have since moved it back home as I wanted to keep corals. Currently the anemone has made its way to the back of the tank and it is partly lodged under a rock. Should I be worried? I know that it could take up to 5 days for it to settle in. 

Thanks!

IMG_2783.png

7 hours ago, Clown79 said:

It will decide where it wants to be, even if you try to move it, it will just move again to where its happy.

Thanks! He finally worked himself out from the rock and now has stayed in the back corner of my tank...  

• 2 weeks later...

Was this tank formerly unlit or why does it look so new inside?

Please post your test results for everything.....especially phosphates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 5:12 AM, mcarroll said:

Was this tank formerly unlit or why does it look so new inside?

Please post your test results for everything.....especially phosphates.

It was previously unlit for for several years in my office. Unfortunately I been away due to a sick family member’s care and the anemone move and found the power head (bearly has an opening on the intake). Thankfully I caught it yesterday and had to remove it.. did a water change and everything seems to be doing fine today. 

14 hours ago, mcarroll said:

Glad to hear that about the tank, sorry about the circumstance.

Thanks! It wasn’t meant to be.... the clown fish hated it in there. 

I recommend that you get a Hydor Koralia Nano Pump. Read the reviews and recommendations on what size to get. Bubbletips need their tentacles moving. The best and safest place for them is with their foot on a rock, where they can draw back into the rock for protection. They will select a place they are comfortable in. Also IMO the best thing to feed them is a tiny slice of Silversides**, once or twice a week. Petco has the Silversides, if you can split a package up with fellow hobbyist, it’s a lot of Silversides! Do not Clean the Silversides.

**Some say to feed them Shrimp, but a lot of the shrimp sold in the stores are Fresh water Prawns. It’s Like feeding a malnourished human candy.