Hypsophrys

Nanobox responsiveness

Hypsophrys

Hi all,

Rejoining the hobby after about 5 years off..

I was thinking about getting a duo or a sunpower hybrid, but I know sometimes Dave is busy or unavailable.

So, what's the turnaround on getting lights these days?

Thanks!

FISHnChix

As much as Dave is a good guy it's hard to get responses now. And if anything goes wrong it takes awhile to get it fixed. With all the other great lighting options I would go another route.. that is unless you want a  custom t5 /led combo .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

shaner014
31 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

As much as Dave is a good guy it's hard to get responses now. And if anything goes wrong it takes awhile to get it fixed. With all the other great lighting options I would go another route.. that is unless you want a  custom t5 /led combo .

I had the opposite experience over the last year. Extremely helpful, generous, and responsive. I bought my lights used, and he still took the time with me. 

Really can’t say enough good about his product. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hypsophrys

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm looking at the AquaticLife customizable option also.. I had a 4' ATI hybrid PowerModule at one point, and it was awesome, but man they are expensive. 

• Like 2

Thrassian Atoll

I have a nanobox hybrid I am trying to sell if you are interested.

nano_izzy

this is my first experience ever getting a light from dave. he seems very professional with his responses and was helpful with my purchase. however, i ordered my nanobox tide on 12/9 and it has yet to ship...responses lately have been very slow but he gave me word it should ship this week. apparently he’s been having alot of issues with the bluefish controllers recently. 

• Thanks 1

rsucre

I have a Mini Tide and a Duo. In my experience, Dave has been very responsive. I recently purchased spare fans and he responded and shipped them very fast.  Both of my lamps are out of warranty and I doubt that any other manufacturer would respond as fast and positively as Dave. 

I also have a Kessil and I prefer my Nanoboxes due to the fact that I can control different channels individually (white, blue, violet, cyan) and come out with the best color. Also, they have the best look.  Repairability is also a big plus. You can replace every part and have your lamp back working as new.  Best investment. 

• Thanks 1

mitten_reef

Dave's profile doesn't appear to have much activity on here lately.   

If you've worked with him before, just try contacting him directly via email.  I think you'll have better luck with communication there.  

• Thanks 1

Reefkid88

You can email,or message him on Instagram. He has kinda seemed to have fallen off the earth lately. Hopefully things are okay with him though. 

Thrassian Atoll
8 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

You can email,or message him on Instagram. He has kinda seemed to have fallen off the earth lately. Hopefully things are okay with him though. 

Is he still selling nanobox’s?  I noticed marinedepot doesn’t carry them anymore.

mitten_reef
49 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

He’s doing good. Just exchanged some texts with him last week when Radion G5 came out, where it appeared Radions picked up on the mint leds. 

• Like 1

Hypsophrys

Dave is hit-or-miss.  I imagine he has a busy life.  He ghosted me in the middle of an email exchange a couple weeks ago.

Reefkid88
1 hour ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Is he still selling nanobox’s?  I noticed marinedepot doesn’t carry them anymore.

I also noticed @Marine Depot and @Premiumaq stopped selling them,but PA still carried the replacement lids last time I checked. I hope he doesn't stop though,he was one of the only to sell an affordable nano/pico light. 

1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

He’s doing good. Just exchanged some texts with him last week when Radion G5 came out, where it appeared Radions picked up on the mint leds. 

Okay awesome. I'm sure he is just busy as usual. Yeah ?! I will have to look into that more. That would be awesome. The new fixture/array looks really really good. 

EDIT: Looks like the grabbed ahold of limes,and only the xr30's use it,and dropped the greens. But the xr15's use green and no limes lol. Kinda backasswards huh ? 

• Like 1

Tamberav
On 2/17/2020 at 7:17 AM, rsucre said:

Repairability is also a big plus. You can replace every part and have your lamp back working as new.  Best investment. 

10000 times this!! 

Tamberav
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

is it mint? or lime? I thought I saw lime... they stuck in the past 🙂 I still like my limes too though...

• Like 1

mitten_reef
10 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I also noticed @Marine Depot and @Premiumaq stopped selling them,but PA still carried the replacement lids last time I checked. I hope he doesn't stop though,he was one of the only to sell an affordable nano/pico light. 

Okay awesome. I'm sure he is just busy as usual. Yeah ?! I will have to look into that more. That would be awesome. The new fixture/array looks really really good. 

EDIT: Looks like the grabbed ahold of limes,and only the xr30's use it,and dropped the greens. But the xr15's use green and no limes lol. Kinda backasswards huh ? 

3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

is it mint? or lime? I thought I saw lime... they stuck in the past 🙂 I still like my limes too though...

Yes, limes, not mint. My bad. 😬

tassos

I just got word from Dave about my December order. Whatever the issue is, doesn’t seem like he a found a fix. 😕 He gave me a full refund. 

• Sad 2

Reefkid88

A december order ? Man,that is terrible. At least he refunded you. Maybe he may be going separate ways with the hobby ? I really hope not. 

EDIT: So his IG accounts are active his personal more than his NB. So who knows. Maybe he is just taking a much needed break. 

Tamberav

I just ordered a part today and already got shipping info for it. 

He has had problems getting bluefish before (it did work itself out eventually). Maybe there's something happening again. If you can't source the parts needed in large quantities...you can't make the product eh. 

blizzardscout2

Anybody have luck getting ahold of Dave? I’m not having problems with my Duos but I’m trying to get in contact with him. Thanks @DaveFason

jbb
2 hours ago, blizzardscout2 said:

Anybody have luck getting ahold of Dave? I’m not having problems with my Duos but I’m trying to get in contact with him. Thanks @DaveFason

I can let him know 

Beatslacker

In the same boat. He told me 3 weeks ago my order would ship. Nothing has shipped  and hasnt respond to my emails for 3 weeks. Getting kinda concerned but to be patient.

nano_izzy
4 hours ago, Beatslacker said:

In the same boat. He told me 3 weeks ago my order would ship. Nothing has shipped  and hasnt respond to my emails for 3 weeks. Getting kinda concerned but to be patient.

i ended up sending him one last email stating i wanted a refund as i have already got another light. didn’t get a response for around a week so i filed a chargeback. he sent me a message the next day informing me a bit more about his recent problems with products he uses. 

got my money back and sent him a few emails back and forth. very disappointing process but shit happens sometimes thats out of your control.  

Reefkid88

So I am assuming his wholesale provider for parts has been giving problems ? The people need answers lol.