Innovative Marine Aquariums

the thor amboinensis dancing club 365 Day All-in-One Nano Reef Challenge

allesluge

I bought this betta fish tank from a LFS few months back with the idea to turn it in to an all in one sub gallon tank. During the old school Pico tank contest, I have added two sexy shrimp which my significant other and I have enjoyed to watch in the pico tank. however even in the 2.5 gallon tank the sexy shrimp some time were out of sight so this 0.9 gallon tank seemed to me the ideal size to fully enjoy this critters.

had it store until I have seen @Christopher Marks announcement for a new contest. so the idea started running again in my head and here we go again… as the last pico contest it is a late start but the knowhow learnt from the old school tank will help to make this a thriving environment (hope so).

The idea is to add some live rock two or three sexy shrimp and some different zoas, every type in one polyp quantity to notice growth.

The tank has a partition in the back to store water from cleaning the display tank, I will modify to a back filtration chamber and install a tiny power head for circulation. It has a base, display section, back container and a lid. All made of PS molded injection.

20200209_214740[1].jpg

• Like 9
On 2/18/2020 at 7:36 PM, kimberbee said:

What tank is this? It's cute! 

Also, don't forget to add the "365 day challenge" tag to your thread so everyone can follow along easier!

Thanks @kimberbeeIt is a betta fish tank, work today with the overflow to the back chamber it is almost finished, still need to figure out the light. I am thinking to buy the suggested light and modify it, maybe with a 10 w led 

20200223_220953.jpg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, kimberbee said:

I hope you got this cute tank wet and are still participating in the contest. Hope you're doing well!! 

thanks for asking, it has been a very difficult year. had to stop this project, and few others. I hope you and everyone are doing well too. I will continue this project soon, unfortunately not for this contest. be safe.

• Like 1