Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fluval Flex Replacement Pump

mickey113

Hey all. So I decided to take the plunge into nano tanks. Really because my clowns have mated up and are chasing after a couple of my tangs. I figured I'd give them their own space and see how things worked out. Also gives me the chance to have a few frags in there too.

My setup so far is the 15 gallon Fluval Flex and a 100w Nicrew led light on a bracket. I think the 100w might be too much, so I might end up going with the 50, but not sure yet as I haven't mounted the 100 yet. My plan is to set it up bare bottom with a elevated egg crate. Clay pot and maybe a couple of frag shelves.

So my next step is to really get some flow in there because the tiny pump that comes with the set up really isn't cutting it plus I'd like to avoid using a wavemaker.

The chamber measures 3 x 5.75.

I guess from what I've been reading, the challenge is two-fold. small pump that doesn't get very hot. I found the Jabeo DCP2500 but the specs say 3 inches wide. not positive it will fit. Does anyone have 1 to measure? Any other recommendations?