Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anthelia

Brendan Reeves

Brendan Reeves

Hello, I went into a lfs looking for coral, I should’ve done more research before going in. I was sold an Anthelia frag for $40 and was told it’s a great beginner coral for my nano tank. Upon researching when I got home I read it’s a very invasive coral and that I should remove it from my tank. What are your experiences with this coral and from your experience would your lfs let you trade it out if you regretted a purchase? My lfs seems a pretty strict on their return and livestock guarantee (none) policy. I hope that if I explain it to them and that I trusted the employee to give me information like that and they mislead me they’ll understand. I’ve spent enough money at the place as it is. 

GSP also has the potential to be "invasive" but as long as you isolate it, IME it's fine. Just put it on its own rock island in the sand. But if you're really worried about it, you could trade with another reefer in your area.