ReefCleaners.org

505nano

Hello and sorry to post this, I'm sure it's been posted many times, but can someone tell me if this is Coraline? Tank has been up since July of 2019. 

I know I've had a slight nitrate problem in the past, but all my other levels are consistent and where they should be. Thanks in advance! 

IMG_20200213_175721.jpg

IMG_20200213_175718.jpg

IMG_20200213_175710.jpg

IMG_20200213_175650.jpg

IMG_20200213_175636.jpg

4 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

Yeah, that’s coralline algae.  Nice assortment of colors.  The green tends to turn purple at some point as well.  

Wow awesome. That's a relief. I was worried. I'm new to the hobby and always saw Coraline as the holy Grail of success lol

Thrassian Atoll
2 hours ago, 505nano said:

Wow awesome. That's a relief. I was worried. I'm new to the hobby and always saw Coraline as the holy Grail of success lol

I set my current tank up about the same time and mine is starting to come around too.  A lot depends on lighting too nowadays I think.  I always hear it’s harder to grow with LEDs than it was with compacts and metal halides back in the day.  

22 minutes ago, Thrassian Atoll said:

I set my current tank up about the same time and mine is starting to come around too.  A lot depends on lighting too nowadays I think.  I always hear it’s harder to grow with LEDs than it was with compacts and metal halides back in the day.  

Right right. I did my research before starting. The pics are from my 54 gallon corner tank. Being that it's a corner, I was kinda limited on lighting. I ended up doing 2 current USA marine IC 26" LED lights. I had only one for a while but felt I was not seeing growth in anything. I'm just super pumped that I'm starting to see some coraline. I have about 45lbs of live rock, I'm hoping it spreads! I start my nano tank here in a couple of weeks, I'll hopefully be using some smaller pieces to seed it. 

• Like 1