Pod Your Reef

Possible flukes on new clownfish? Won’t eat either.

ericalee353

So i got 2 clownfish from my local fish store and added them to my tank on 2/7 (it’s 2/11/20 today). They havent eaten yet as far as i can tell. I’ve seen one of them take a flake in there mouth and spit it out, put it back in their and mouth and spit it out repeated a few times. One time the other clown did it with a pellet.

(i’m still trying to figure out what food they’ll eat. So far tried flakes, pellets, and san francisco marine cuisine frozen food. No success with any of them.)

the water param seems fine i think.

salinity 1.023

temp 77.7-78.1

ammonia: <0.25

nitrite: 0

nitrate: 1ppm maybe?

pH: 8.2

i havent done a water change yet.

on the first day they were put in the tank one of the clownfish pooped fine but the other had white stringy poop attached to it.

and then on the first/second day i noticed his face area isn’t quite clean looking? (Please see photo) the other one has it too but just not as much. 

Is it flukes? should i do a freshwater dip? Do i need medication? If so, what medication is safe? I don’t have any other fish or coral. Just 2 clowns with rock.

also one of the clown’s pelvic fin is “clamped”? Like it’s attached to its stomach and won’t open up like the other clown. 

also also how do i coax them into eating?

761A8CE2-A77A-4D2C-82EA-D29C489D5CC2.jpeg