inTank Media Baskets

10 gallon nano DIY AIO 365 day challenge

Toxic Aquatix

Toxic Aquatix

Here is the start of my entry for the 365 day aio challenge. The tank specs are as follows

10 gallon Aqueon

DIY AIO partition

Small chinese pond pump

50 watt preset imagitarium heater

I just wanted to get a start on it tonight as I just found out about the challenge this evening. So this is as far as Ive gotten so far. I will be posting at least 1 update a week from here out. Tomorrow there will be a guarenteed update, that being my favorite condiment inside my dry tank 😁

Tomorrow I will complete the scape, get it filled and seeded with live rock from another tank of mine.

20200211_185852.jpg

20200211_185901.jpg

20200211_185910.jpg

20200211_190335.jpg

20200211_191236.jpg

20200211_191334.jpg

• Like 3
Toxic Aquatix
5 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Don't forget your photo with a condiment in it!!!

Nice job on the little AIO box!

I will be uploading that picture this morning after lights come on in the fish room 😁

It's nice to see a standard 10 gallon tank in this contest.  I wonder how many of us have one laying around somewhere.  The AIO box is a really nice fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

It's nice to see a standard 10 gallon tank in this contest.  I wonder how many of us have one laying around somewhere.  The AIO box is a really nice fit.

I do!! I have kept it around for 4 years to use as an emergency tank if I ever spring a leak or get a crack. 

I like your AIO compartment @Toxic Aquatix!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Toxic Aquatix
31 minutes ago, seabass said:

Thank you! It was a toss up between this or a 20 long. But since the max volume limit was 20 gallons, I figured a 10 gallon would definetly feel nano to me.

26 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I do!! I have kept it around for 4 years to use as an emergency tank if I ever spring a leak or get a crack. 

I like your AIO compartment @Toxic Aquatix!

Thank you! It actually the in-tank part of an over flow box that came with a sump I picked up about month ago. All my tanks are drilled, so this was just laying in storage and turned out to be a perfect fit!

The tank is now filled. I am using red sea coral pro at 34ppt. Will possibly raise it to 35ppt like my other tanks. Will be manually dosing with esv b ionic. On Friday I will test my parameters and report the numbers here.

Now I move on to designing the scape. I have a few ideas in mind.

20200212_122722.jpg

15815396166682086319880.jpg

• Like 4
Toxic Aquatix
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Very nice what did you use to cut the acrylic?

I didnt need to cut any acrylic for this project. The aio partition is an old in tank over flow weir that was just laying around. It turned out to be a perfect fit. Only modifications I had to make was drilling a hole large enough for the outflow of the pump to fit through.

• Like 2
This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, Toxic Aquatix said:

I didnt need to cut any acrylic for this project. The aio partition is an old in tank over flow weir that was just laying around. It turned out to be a perfect fit. Only modifications I had to make was drilling a hole large enough for the outflow of the pump to fit through.

Very nice 

2 hours ago, Toxic Aquatix said:

I was wondering if that was what it was. AMAZING idea....and I just might still it for the contest.... I'll give you credit of course.

I have a 10 gal in use as an ATO res for the 18.5 RFA and a 20L both are options for the  contest along with a few other tanks.

question did you silicone it to the back wall?  

• Like 1
Toxic Aquatix
12 minutes ago, devaji108 said:

I was wondering if that was what it was. AMAZING idea....and I just might still it for the contest.... I'll give you credit of course.

I have a 10 gal in use as an ATO res for the 18.5 RFA and a 20L both are options for the  contest along with a few other tanks.

question did you silicone it to the back wall?  

Thank you! And yes, I did silicone it to the glass. I'm actually really starting to lile this tank and will more than likely make this into a permanent setup past the competition.

• Like 5
Toxic Aquatix

And here is the morning of day three. Yesterday evening I added 10lbs of aragonite sand (wasnt really digging the barebottom, pun intended 😉) and this morning is almost completely clearedup. Began ghost feeding to keep the beneficial bacteria on the rock alive, 1.5 cube of mysis shrimp by SanFran. Still not sure if I like the layout yet. Only time will tell.

20200213_095106.jpg

20200213_095221.jpg

• Like 3
Toxic Aquatix
3 hours ago, devaji108 said:

I hear ya I am debating on BB or not as well.

I figure with it being 10 gallons, a sand bed will help with adding surface area for beneficial bacteria.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Toxic Aquatix said:

And here is the morning of day three. Yesterday evening I added 10lbs of aragonite sand (wasnt really digging the barebottom, pun intended 😉) and this morning is almost completely clearedup. Began ghost feeding to keep the beneficial bacteria on the rock alive, 1.5 cube of mysis shrimp by SanFran. Still not sure if I like the layout yet. Only time will tell.

20200213_095106.jpg

20200213_095221.jpg

You lasted a day longer than I did. I caved morning of day 2.

Like the corner shot

• Thanks 1
Toxic Aquatix
48 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

You lasted a day longer than I did. I caved morning of day 2.

Like the corner shot

I might be a bit obsessed with the hobby😁

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...