inTank Media Baskets

Hanna vs Milwaukee

karisma

I have a chance to buy a lightly used  Milwaukee salinity tester in fifty dollar payments for 200....or buy a digital hanna new for 100. What woukd you do in this situation?

1581363619082-2063498250.jpg

$200 is way to much for a used Milwaukee salinity tester. Thats the cost of a brand new one and im not sure they are worth it at that price.

I am also in Canada and was able to pick up a used one for $80.

That's a horrible deal - you can get a brand new one for $100 on sale, you can buy a brand new one on Amazon right mow for $114 and it even qualifies for Prime . I have the American Pinpoint one and it works great. Consider getting a probe-style one like American Pinpoint too - you just dip the whole thing into your tank or freshly mixed saltwater. Works just as well and you can use it with all the finesse of a gorilla.

2 hours ago, jservedio said:

That's a horrible deal - you can get a brand new one for $100 on sale, you can buy a brand new one on Amazon right mow for $114 and it even qualifies for Prime . I have the American Pinpoint one and it works great. Consider getting a probe-style one like American Pinpoint too - you just dip the whole thing into your tank or freshly mixed saltwater. Works just as well and you can use it with all the finesse of a gorilla.

Unfortunately up here in the great north it is closer to $190 on Amazon. I still agree with you though that $200 for a used one is not a good deal.

1 hour ago, Hingle said:

Unfortunately up here in the great north it is closer to $190 on Amazon. I still agree with you though that $200 for a used one is not a good deal.

Wow, that's the second time this week I've missed the fact I was speaking with someone from Lumberjack Country. Sorry about the exchange rate buddy, but it's still a hard no from me - probably just some greasy skid trying to take advantage.

Also, let me know if I need to pump the brakes, I really don't want to start a tilly. Sorry, I've been watching too much hockey on TSN and Letterkenny.

Thank you everyone for the input on this topic. I was told the buyer got it for 200

and paid another 40 for the case. Since id be doing payments he said its a fair deal. I dont know now with all your opinions. I will take them all seriously before buying. Thank you! 

Perhaps i should just stick to a basic refractometer? 

13 minutes ago, karisma said:

Thank you everyone for the input on this topic. I was told the buyer got it for 200

and paid another 40 for the case. Since id be doing payments he said its a fair deal. I dont know now with all your opinions. I will take them all seriously before buying. Thank you! 

Perhaps i should just stick to a basic refractometer? 

I love mine, it is easy to use and fast. the case is unnecessary though and seems to be driving the price up a bit in this case.

Id try and track down a used refractometer for the interimand maybe keep hunting for a better deal on the milwaukee.  

6 hours ago, Hingle said:

I love mine, it is easy to use and fast. the case is unnecessary though and seems to be driving the price up a bit in this case.

Id try and track down a used refractometer for the interimand maybe keep hunting for a better deal on the milwaukee.  

I hear you.  Might be the best way to go right now.

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Interesting. May have to reconsider. I love the thing. Been using it throughout the cycle process and after...seller didnt have to let me do that. Plus he paid fourty for the case so that brings the price to around $200

Also im getting it on payments..... 

6 hours ago, karisma said:

Interesting. May have to reconsider. I love the thing. Been using it throughout the cycle process and after...seller didnt have to let me do that. Plus he paid fourty for the case so that brings the price to around $200

Also im getting it on payments..... 

Ya but it's used so you shouldn't be paying the same price as the original buyer when you can buy brand new which has the benefit of warranty and never being used.

You can buy any plastic box to place it in. its ridiculous the item is sold separately from a box, $50 for a plastic box? .

7 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Ya but it's used so you shouldn't be paying the same as brand new.

showed him the link you sent and he dropped the price a bit. So thank you!

10 minutes ago, karisma said:

showed him the link you sent and he dropped the price a bit. So thank you!

so seller was trying to get all money he spent back when the item is used. Is it even still covered under warranty?

4 hours ago, Clown79 said:

so seller was trying to get all money he spent back when the item is used. Is it even still covered under warranty?

Im not sure about the warranty to be honest. The seller is a buddy of mine so this makes it difficult.

3 hours ago, karisma said:

Im not sure about the warranty to be honest. The seller is a buddy of mine so this makes it difficult.

Oh, ya that definitely makes it a tough situation

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 2:05 PM, karisma said:

You can contact the manufacturer and find out about the warranty.  Pretty unusual to sell something used for the new price, but not unheard of.  My question would be if they didn't want it, why didn't they return it to where they bought it to get their money back?  Why do they need you to get their money back?

How good a friend are they?  Might they be trying to get over on you for some reason?

Could all be innocent (ie you could be doing them a real favor)....but worth at least pondering.

• Like 1