Coral Vue Hydros

Looking for recommendations 20G Cube Waterbox Question

WolvPro

I was thinking about getting a 20G Cube Waterbox for my bedroom and I was wondering is there anything that others have used to place the tank on? I think the base of the tank is 18x18. Any ideas? I know I can build one but I would rather not of I don’t have to. Thanks guys and gals

good question. 

I am loosely thinking the same...

look into side tables, the heavy duty kind.  maybe this? 18x18 is a pretty common side tabel size just got to get one that can support the weight. 

https://www.amazon.com/IRONCK-Tables-Storage-Furniture-Vintage/dp/B07T22PBQH/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=18x18+side+table&qid=1581348227&sr=8-2

WB makes a stand for it to. it's $330 tho ouch.

Tslot stand would be nice but be a few hundred depending on what profile and hardware you used. check out Tnuts.com

DIY prob. going to be the cheapest option. 

2x4s

OR I was thinking ceder 4x4s over kill yes but it would give a cool look. 

also a kitchen cabinet could work. I have seen ppl do that with an IM 25 lagoon. 

do let us know what you come up with.

• Like 1

I have a watercube 10 and i ended up buying a cabinet looking thing that had the options for shelves and a door. so far its been perfect and was pretty cheap too. I might even go to a second hand furniture store and take a look if you not looking to spend too much.

I have been working on a cabinet I built. I just don’t have much time but had to make it. I made it 18x18x38” Tall with one shelf and a few holes for cabling.

I will post better pictures tomorrow if I get a chance. Tank should be here then.

Wonder if a Aquamaxx HOB protein skimmer would work on this tank? Might have to make a new thread.

I am running all over the place I know.

I guess I have a lot of stuff going on.

Materials I used was:

1 Sheet of 3/4 Cabinet Grade Sanded 4’x8’ 

( I used brad nailer and gorilla wood glued everything but the shelf, painting black and installed slow closing hinges)

I had enough material with left over pieces for other things. 

A696F485-3E33-4816-B0C4-1D0D6ADC1F3C.jpeg

• Like 2

Take a look at @SliceGolfer’s thread for the 365 day challenge. He is using a really nice nightstand that looks like it fits perfectly. But he reinforced it to make sure it was sturdy enough. I thought it looked great. 

That stand looks awesome. Keep up the good work. 

on my Waterbox 10 I have the eshopps nano skimmer in the center chamber. Fits perfectly and is much more slimmer than the tank needs. So I’m sure it would work great on a 20. That’s just my two cents. 

Thank you! @tshutler I will have to remember how to make a tank thread, the site has changed since I was last active. I was wondering if the Aquamaxx HOB 1.5 would fit on the back of the 20 version? I used to use an shops skimmer and had great luck with it. I was also back then a huge Tunze fan before they changed over to the newer version on the 9002. I love that skimmer. Thanks again for the advice for sure!

41 minutes ago, WolvPro said:

I have been working on a cabinet I built. I just don’t have much time but had to make it. I made it 18x18x38” Tall with one shelf and a few holes for cabling.

I will post better pictures tomorrow if I get a chance. Tank should be here then.

Wonder if a Aquamaxx HOB protein skimmer would work on this tank? Might have to make a new thread.

I am running all over the place I know.

I guess I have a lot of stuff going on.

Materials I used was:

1 Sheet of 3/4 Cabinet Grade Sanded 4’x8’ 

( I used brad nailer and gorilla wood glued everything but the shelf, painting black and installed slow closing hinges)

I had enough material with left over pieces for other things. 

A696F485-3E33-4816-B0C4-1D0D6ADC1F3C.jpeg

great stand!